Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluedrako Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Receiving and sending money abroad
    I would like to know if there is a limit on the amount of money one can send abroad yearly and if it affects that the money is being received by my person in my US bank account and then being sent abroad. Also, do I have to pay taxes on the amount I am receiving (money is for payment of work being done by family member abroad who is not a US citizen) Thanks.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 09:25 AM

I don't know the answer to this question, but I wouldn't trust the answer to the internet. I would speak to a professional in this matter... because if you are wrong, you might be arrested for money laundering or other homeland defense types of activities.

Money coming into the country that the government doesn't know about makes people VERY skittish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Receiving Gift From Abroad [ 1 Answers ]

A relative who is a US citizen is thinking about gifting me and my sister moneys over 100,000 each from a foreign bank. What are my relative's tax implications and what are my sister's and mine? Gift tax is how much? Thanks.

Sending and receiving emails [ 3 Answers ]

Why can't someone receive an email from me but I can receive their email?

Husband in debt due to sending money abroad to someone. [ 1 Answers ]

Husband in debt due to sending money abroad to someone, And seems to be addicted to loans. Which I say no. But would like advice how to get out of it. With or without him. We do have kids. 20, 18 and 15 all boys. Thought they always got on with him more then me. Which is why I put up...

Incredimail E mail receiving but not sending [ 2 Answers ]

I am receiving mail OK but when I try to send out via Outlook Express. The message comes back: " Incredimail Connection failure" 454 Directory not available Can anyone help Thanks John

View more questions Search