Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    35831 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 04:01 AM
    No system boot, no display on monitor
    I have my PC with 945 Intel mb, Pentium 4 proce. When I switch it on, front panel led's glows continuasly. No blinking as it blink while processing. RAM is OK. Monitor is checked OK with other computer.

I need to know what is wrong in my PC
    rwstelma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 06:32 AM

Can you hear the hard drive spin up? If the hard drive spins up I would most likely think it's the video card. If the computer just turns on and the hard drive doesn't initialize at all, I would tend to think it may be something wrong with your motherboard. One thing I would do, that I have had luck with in the past is. Unplug everything and reset your BIOS. There will be a jumper on the MB with 3 pins, you must identify which jumper it is before you go moving anything, but once you identify it, move it to the position to clear the CMOS, then move it back. I think it has to stay for like 5 seconds in the clear state. It might boot right up after that.
    billybats1001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 07:57 PM

I installed a new power supply in an e-machine windows xp. Previous supply went bad. Power supply runs but no display. Not sure what is running?

May 28, 2009, 08:05 PM

Is there anywhere that might show where all the plugs get attached?

May 28, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Is there anywhere that might show where all the plugs get plugged in and the jumper your speaking about?
    annybaby84 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 12:01 AM

What if the hard drive is not spinning up?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annybaby84 View Post
    what if the hard drive is not spinning up?
    Then the power is not present (connector not tight?) or the signal cables are not connected properly or the motherboard is toast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung Monitor Display [ 2 Answers ]

Samsung 56V Colour Monitor OSD Menu is always on and say locked.

No Monitor Display [ 4 Answers ]

My friends PC, running W98, will no longer have a display. She has tried plugging in two other monitors with the same result... nothing. She says she may have messed up something while in safe mode. Any thoughts? Thanks.

No display in monitor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello friends. Me, Sankha again faced a new problem. The problem is that my monitor have no display. It works fine but suddenly form today it stop displaying. Now the monitor display nothing. What happen: 1. Cpu fan runs. 2. CD DVD rom runs HD also spins. 3. The power led & HD led...

Monitor display [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, After my son aged 8 finished using the computer the screen display was rotated 90 degrees. He was playing an on line game. I have been into the control panel and then display but nothing seems to rotate the display back and my neck is now hurting. The computer is a Dell Dimension 3000...

Can't boot after changing display from PCI to AGP in CMOS [ 22 Answers ]

Hi: I was trying to install ATI ALL-IN-WONDER PRO card into my old PII Win98 SE, but can't install display driver. So I accidentally changed CMOS display from PCI to AGP. The computer won't boot anymore, and I don't have AGP slot in my motherboard. Moniter only showed "no signal input". How can I...

View more questions Search