Nov 2, 2009, 08:14 PM
    450donn,
    Good for you.
    God has also been very good to me.
    "Praise God from whom all blessing flow."
    Peace and kindness, Fred
    shaikana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 01:50 AM
    Yes gross is the right amount for 10% of tithe but the word of the Lord says give what belong to Ceasars to Ceasers and What belongs to God to God. Yes the Tax, pension funds, Medical aid and other deductions are taken from our gross income. My question is that, How do I implement tithing in this manner because my net is what is left actually belongs to God? Please correct if I am wrong.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 06:38 PM
    shaikana,
    We are to give of our first fruits.
    That is our gross income each time we are paid or get a total profit from sales.
    To me that means that God gets His share before anyone else gets any.
    That is before any taxes or anything else is taken out.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaikana View Post
    yes gross is the right amount for 10% of tithe but the word of the Lord says give what belong to Ceasars to Ceasers and What belongs to God to God. Yes the Tax, pension funds, Medical aid and other deductions are taken from our gross income. My question is that, How do I implement tithing in this manner because my net is what is left actually belongs to God? please correct if I am wrong.
    It's really easy and you don't need to calculate anything. 2 Corinthians 9 says give what you have decided to give and do it generously and cheerfully and then you will have more to give
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 10:13 PM
    paraclete.
    Thanks for posting your comment about 2 Corinthians 9 .
    It surely helps solve the problem first asked on this thread.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    shaikana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 02:06 AM
    Yes now I know, because in Proverbs 3:9, Its states that we should honour God with the wealth and the first fruit of our income.
    motomike69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 02:15 PM
    Christ gave his first born. And tithe is 10% of gross. God has opened the doors for you to be apBle to work. All he wants is 10% and we get to keep 90%. Man that's a deal. And your money will be cursed of you don't give back what belongs to God anyway. You can't out give God.. try any see what he does in your like. God bless.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2011, 02:15 PM
    Mot,

All of our money will be cursed if we don't give 10%? I think you are wrong.

Although I have taught my kids to give the 10 % of their earnings to the Lord because I think it is a good standard. We are no longer under the law, the only instruction for the believer today is that the Lord loves a cheerful giver and so give cheerfully.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Mot,

All of our money will be cursed if we don't give 10%? I think you are wrong.

although I have taught my kids to give the 10 % of their earnings to the Lord because I think it is a good standard. We are no longer under the law, the only instruction for the believer today is that the Lord loves a cheerful giver and so give cheerfully.
    Exactly. The tithe is not a New Testament concept, and Jesus never really mentioned it. The New Testament principle is offering, not tithe, which means if you make enough that you want to offer 90%, that's okay. But if you have nothing and can't even do 1%, God understands and won't be upset about it.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Mot,
    We are no longer under the law, the only instruction for the believer today is that the Lord loves a cheerful giver and so give cheerfully.
    Uh, sorry, we are still under the law. Jesus taught that he did not come to replace the law, but to fulfill the law. There is a hugh difference.

MT 5-17,18; NASB
    Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until Heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the law until all is accomplished.
    So right there in this one passage is the fact that we are still under the law. So the tithe is still valid. Not paying the tithe (10% of your gross) is incorrect.
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 05:37 PM
    450donn,

Wow. You are really wrong. Think you need to hang out with me on AMHD more and learn. Ha.

I can start a thread about law and grace and we can discuss it better.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Uh, sorry, we are still under the law. Jesus taught that he did not come to replace the law, but to fulfill the law. There is a hugh difference.

MT 5-17,18; NASB
    Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until Heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the law until all is accomplished.
    So right there in this one passage is the fact that we are still under the law. So the tithe is still valid. Not paying the tithe (10% of your gross) is incorrect.
    He did fulfill it. That's why we're not under it any more.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 08:05 PM
    OK, so how do you justify your answer taking this into context?
    For truly I say to you, until Heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the law until all is accomplished.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 10:12 PM
    not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the law until all is accomplished.
    Ok now what does the word accomplished mean? It means "finished" and we know that on the Cross Jesus said it is finished, in other words there was not anything left to do. This is why Christians believe that they are not under Law but under grace, because Jesus fulfilled the Law. So you remain under the curse of the Law if you want to and strive to be worthy and I will accept the Lord's Grace
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2011, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    OK, so how do you justify your answer taking this into context?
    For truly I say to you, until Heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the law until all is accomplished.
    Donn,

We are told by the apostle Paul to rightly divide the word of truth. Why did he say "divide"? I believe one reason is because when we read a book of the bible we need to understand who it is written to. It is ALL written for us but it is not all written directly to us. Jesus came to the Jew, he is speaking directly to the Jews of his day and they were under the law. And while he is the eptome of grace, the revelation of the gospel of grace and living under grace is not completely understood until the Lord Jesus revealed it PAUL. The 12 did not receive the gospel of grace... PAUL did. And Paul makes it very clear that we are not under the law any longer.

If Christians do not understand the difference of being under the law and living under grace I do not believe they will be very successful in their Christian walk.

In Galatians 2:9 Paul writes:

James, Peter and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the Jews.

They had a gentlemen's agreement that Paul would preach his gospel of grace to the Gentiles and the 12 would stick to preaching to the Jews who were still very much under the law. It was difficult for Peter to understand Paul's writings.

When Paul writes about giving he states clearly to be cheerful about it and to give as the Lord has prospered you. There is NO law given as to the amount.

Having said ALL of that, Abraham tithed. Abraham lived long before the law. I think it is a good standard if you can do it and do it cheerfully.

Incidentally, in Galatians 2:9 did you know that James means to overthrow, or to replace, Peter means stone and John means grace.

Replace the stone ( or the law ) with Grace. It isn't a coincidence. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adusted Gross Income 2007 [ 3 Answers ]

How are you supposed to remember what your AGI is for the year before? IRS rejected my tax return that was e-filed because I left the answer blank. Is there any way to get this information?

Adjusted gross income [ 1 Answers ]

HOW DO I find out my prior years adjusted gross income?

2007 Gross adjusted Income [ 4 Answers ]

In orderr to file taxes on-line my gross adjusted income for 2007 is needed. I no longer have a paper copy, how/where can I obtain a copy of my 2007 tax papers

Adjusted Gross Income [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find out my Adjusted Gross Income from the year prior when I can't locate my tax return or contact the IRS?

What was my adjusted gross income in 2007? [ 1 Answers ]

What was my adjusted gross income for the year 2007?

View more questions Search