Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Writ of Execution
    I have a question -- We had a judgment issued on my husband & I & had our bank account frozen back in April of this year. They took the $ in there & then we made payment arrangements w/them to pay off the remaining judgment. We came into financial hardships again & could not pay the monthly payment as planned. They have now done another writ of execution on our bank but we have moved our $ to another bank. How long does it take them to find that other $?

We live in PA if that helps.

Thanks, Evee
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Depends on how good their hound dogs are.
    tufftts69 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Evee
    I have a question -- We had a judgment issued on my husband & I & had our bank account frozen back in April of this year. They took the $ in there & then we made payment arrangements w/them to pay off the remaining judgment. We came into financial hardships again & could not pay the monthly payment as planned. They have now done another writ of execution on our bank but we have moved our $ to another bank. How long does it take them to find that other $?

We live in PA if that helps.

Thanks, Evee

Your best bet is to close that account BEFORE they find it.. If the have your SS#'s it won't take long..
    My estranged husband just had his bank account frozen and he lost everything in there..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2006, 05:29 PM
    Normally to open the account they run a credit check on you.

This hits the credit report, so I would say they find it in 30 days or so
    But this is a guess, assuming they will be checking on your records ever so often to see what you are doing with your money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Garnishment (Bank Account) [ 9 Answers ]

If A writ of Garnishment is issued by a court in Texas can the plaintiff execute this garnishment on my bank account in New York? I am a resident of Texas but when I moved from New york I never changed banks. My bank is also not available anywhere in the State of Texas. Can the creditor still...

Execution of valid contracts [ 7 Answers ]

My question is: When one of the parties to a contract is a corporation, must an officer or agent of the corporation actually subscribe his or her signature to the document? More specifically, if a duly authorized agent or officer of a corporation merely stamped the written contract with a symbol...

Execution [ 2 Answers ]

I have a redhat 7.3 linux box with cobol 4.1 installed. I upgraded to redhat linux 9.0. When I try to install cobol license manager it gives error rts32 error 114 while executing the command. The compiler works but one cannot execute programs :(

View more questions Search