Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

May 27, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Image editing
    Is there a software that I can use to isolate part of the image from the background (im not sure if that is how you say it), to later change the background with something else
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Hi, Goldenwolf!

Here are links to a couple of free software that, I think, will enable you to do what you're wanting to do.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

introducing Pixia

I'm hopeful that others will also be along to suggest some additional ones.

Thanks!
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

May 27, 2009, 08:05 PM

I'm not sure how to isolate an object from the picture on any of the softwares, can anyone explain? (I tried the tutorials on pixia but they seem to be broken)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 08:07 PM
    Hi again, Goldenwolf!

Using Pixia, is something that takes a lot of practice! I don't know how to do everything that it can do myself.

Hopefully as mentioned previously, other people will come along to give you suggestions for programs to use.

Thanks!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 28, 2009, 04:43 AM

IrfanView is my #1 image management tool for cropping, resizing, batch move/rename... it's awesome. But it doesn't do image editing beyond basic rectangular cropping.

I still recommend it 100% for what it does.

Meanwhile, I've used PaintShop Pro (now owned by Corel) for years to accomplish freeform cropping to remove a background. It has a built-in Background Eraser that is handy once you get used to all the settings.

Compared to PhotoShop, PaintShop Pro is an extremely capable and affordable alternative. The most current version retails for $100, but can be found for less, and older versions can be bought at online outlets for far less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe illustrator CS3 image editing [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know how to separate an image from its background so that I can put it over another object.

Editing an MDE [ 3 Answers ]

After I convert to an MDE file, how do I (as the Programmer) edit the Design or code if needed Thanks

Photo editing [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a free photo editing download that lets you mix pics?:cool:

Editing Text [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone , I have some Documents that I have scanned in my computer and I would like to modify the text . Is there a program that I could load to do this ? I am running XP Home. Thanks in advance, Tom

View more questions Search