Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curious_boy Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Want to learn the iron hand
    Is there anyone who knows the way how to learn the iron hand if it really exists?
    Is it connected somehow to the molecules of air?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 05:52 PM

Hi, Curious_boy!

Would you please let us know specifically what you mean by "iron hand?"

Those two words are used in a number of different disciplines and ways.

Thanks!

May 28, 2009, 08:02 AM

The iron hand is technique of martial arts, I don't know who discovered it, but I would like to find the way to learn it.
    I dodn't know if this is the right section that I choose for my question :(
    With iron hand you can release the ki energy and break stuff almost touching it. I hope this is pretty all about that, and I hope you anderstood me :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the explanation, Curious_boy! There is a Martial Arts section on this site. Although, it's somewhat hard to find because it's sort of hidden under the Sports forum topic category.

I'm going to ask that this thread be moved to Martial Arts.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2009, 10:53 AM

So what form of martial arts are you now studying. How many years do you have, What belt are you.

Advanced techinques come after years and years of study, you don't just go learn this without years of development. Your beathing, yourself control, your ability to control your body.

Study for 10 to 12 years and come back with that question.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 28, 2009, 10:55 AM

I've not heard of any such phrase. However, Karate is one discipline that uses various forces or energy to break objects.

May 28, 2009, 01:48 PM

Thank's everyone.That's the point I would train if I know how even 5-6 years but I think that I could loose my mind if I train that kind of technique on my own..
    BMI u're right in some way about that past-future thing, and I trained Karate for 6 years but to break something you really need some time of training...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2009, 04:52 PM

I seldom answer in martial arts. But I studied for years and years over 30 formally and stiill work with my son. ** who did 3rd in the nationals this year in forms and weapons.

There are ways to make your hand really tough, it hurts, it is painful There is no magic.

You need to work hard with a local master.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

May 28, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Curious,

There are schools/teachers in the US that teach Iron Palm, but they might be hard to find. Do you live near a big city? Your chances are better if you do. A look into gongfu books will also surface some good texts. But, you are probably wise to wait until you find a qualified teacher. You could damage yourself trying some of that stuff on your own.

Meanwhile, Google it plus see what wickipedia sez:

Iron Palm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have fun with your training!

Tao

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe [ 6 Answers ]

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe

Mass of iron in iron tablets redox titrations [ 1 Answers ]

what is the equation for the rection between potassium permanganate and iron oxide in the redox titration to decipher percentage by mass of iron in iron tablets and how do I get the answer from my titration ressults? Cheers

Cast iron vertical from cast iron horizontal can be pvc? [ 2 Answers ]

A leak developed in the main cast iron vertical stack of pipes leading to the horizontal main drain. Unfortunately, for me, the leak was so close to the ground that I had to break the concrete slab of the house. At that point, it just made sense to dig an extra 4 inches or so and remove the bad...

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

Difference between Iron palm and iron fist [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me some info on the difference between Iron Palm and Iron Fist training? And also just some overall wushu reference pages and stuff would be appreciated.

View more questions Search