Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy_sweety Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 04:00 PM
    I140 denied and I485 pending
    Hi my husband's company filed an EB1 EA petition in 2008 at Nebraska. However in between the company changed the lawyer. The new lawyer mention that the petition should have been filed under EB1 - OR category. We received an RFE in March 2009. The response was sent in April 2009 and we received a denial in may2009. Please let me know how we can proceed? Do we need to file a petition again in EB1 OR? If yes what are the chances of approval? Can the pending I485 be tied to the new I140?

Thanks.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

May 27, 2009, 06:59 PM

On denial of the underlying I-140, the concurrently filed AOS, EAD and AP are all denied. File again as the denial is not with prejudice against a subsequent filing.

As the EB-1 OR category is completely different than EA, if your husband qualifies, the case should be approved. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Denied due to 214 b why [ 2 Answers ]

Denied visa due to 214 b? What is the link between my son born in us and refused my visa due to 214 b? If I reapply and submit strong ties can the officer give me the visa b1/b2?

Transferring probation to CT--denied pending investigation [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently released after serving almost 3 months --no other prior legal run ins, a clean background (except traffic tickets) My husband and children & I decided to move to CT (where we both grew up) prior to my incarceration, however he didn't find a home till a month before my release. Long...

I140 Iin process,what is next [ 1 Answers ]

I filled for I140 in September 07. Is filling for I 148 the next step, If yes, when can I do it.

View more questions Search