Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellokitty00 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

May 27, 2009, 03:56 PM
    Betrayed or overreacting?
    So I had this girl jenny and she was supposedly my best friend. We would talk about anything. One day she asked if I liked anyone and I said 'yea I like this guy' and she's all 'oh well I'm kind of confused because I'm not sure whether I like him or not, he's super sweet but he's not cute' and I told her I don't think he's cute either but how so incredibly sweet and adorable that I feel attracted to him either way. She knows I like him. Anyway, it was jenny, sergio (the guy I like), Kimberley, and two other people. We went to the mall and we went to watch a movie. I noticed that jenny flirted a lot with sergio. She laughed a lot with him, hugged him A lot of times, smiled all flirty to him, and when I was planning to sit next to him and the movie, jenny shoved herself between us so SHE sat next to HIM! And she knows I like him!:eek:. And wats worse is that Kimberley then told me that she thought sergio liked jenny I felt like crying but I had to suck it up. I got really mad but I didn't want to make a scene so I just ignored her for the rest of the day. And on myspace I had on my status that I was super pissed and I feel betrayed by someone who I thought was a best friend. (I never mentioned her specifically). She asked me on myspace if I was mad at her, I didn't want to lie but I didn't want to say the truth and cause a scene either. Its been like 3 days since that happened and I still feel hurt especially since it came from my best friend. Should I stay mad at her since what she did hurt me really bad, get over it, or what? ):
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2009, 04:03 PM
    :D:D:Ddo what I do give her the guy fogive her move on and next time don't tell her who you like then she won't flirt with the guy you like

If it was me though I would say you hurt me bad man and I don't think you're a good friend for me then forgive her and find some new friends

May 27, 2009, 04:12 PM

Yea but all my other best friends hang out with me AND jenny because I didn't tell anyone I was upset so they think her and I are okay. So my friends are with her, I'd make new friends but I really like the ones I have now, but they always involve jenny in our plans. Its like I can escape her >:[
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 04:38 PM

So much drama! Eek. This kind of stuff isn't fun. And as I was recently reminded, your friends can often be totally oblivious to your feelings even when you feel they should be totally obvious. You and jenny need to get together. Just the two of you. Someplace comfortable where you can talk everything out. You mentioned that she also admitted maybe liking him. And unless you had already been making an effort to get his attention or she decided she might like him days after you admitted it (it didn't sound like it) this isn't really an "i called him first!" sort of situation. Which is usually a childish way of ruining a friendship anyway. Unless you talk to jenny and tell her exactly how you're feeling this is going to eat away at you until your friendship is too far gone to fix. But be prepared that you still might not get the guy in the end, you mentioned he likes jenny already. You're young though, if they end up happy together, be happy for them while it lasts and just keep in mind you'll have your turn soon enough and there's plenty of other guys out there.

May 27, 2009, 05:02 PM

None of us really know who he likes. It was kimberley that said she THINKS sergio likes jenny since they flirted so much. Id talk to jenny but I don't want her to think I'm telling her something like 'get away from him!' because I know she kind of likes him and she knows I really like him. And it might make our friendship worse.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 05:16 PM

Then you're making the choice to continue the drama and if that's the choice you want to make no one can help you. You're clearly not ready for a relationship anyway if you can't handle communicating with the girl who is supposed to be your best friend. When you can handle that then maybe you'll be ready for dating.

May 27, 2009, 06:15 PM

Um I've dated like at least five guys this year already and ended a 3 month relationship with another guy last year and I just started liking sergio about last month when we began getting close before jenny ruined it.so I know I am ready to date considering the fact that I've already been dating. Anyway she's SUPPOSE to be my best friend, but she's one of my best friendS. I connect better with myother ones. Jenny isn't my only option of a best friend I just don't know if its going out good with her. I think ill take Sphira's advice and stick to my other friends and ignore jenny
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 09:01 PM

Wow. Five guys in five months and a three month relationship. Am I supposed to applaud you? That doesn't make you mature. And if you ever want anything longer than a three month relationship you will eventually have to learn how to communicate. Communication is a life skill. Whether in personal relationships, school projects, or later in the work place. What does ignoring jenny do? It allows you to continue going on about how one of your best friends stole your crush and you're one friend down now. At least if you talked to her you two might be able to work something out.

May 28, 2009, 01:08 PM

I never asked for applause. Obviously, it doesn't make me mature, immature, or anything. Its just shows that I do have experience in dating, duh? And I'm just 14, I don't ask for anything longer than three months, I'm not looking at year long relationships or marriage. Who plans that at 14? I've talked to guys about serious things and that's how we got so close and dated, that's usually the case for me when I date, we got close. I could talk to her, but she over reacts about any little thing. I told her she had a little stain on her shirt in school and she left home because she didn't want anyone to see her. Why make life more complicated? I plan on enjoying it, and not stressing over people that I don't have to stress about. This was just a small question, not a life-and-death situation.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 01:19 PM

5 guys does not indicate you are ready to date... quite the opposite actually.
    It shows you do not know how to commit to a relationship and are not mature enough to sort out problems and talk about them rather than breaking up with someone.

May 28, 2009, 03:35 PM

I'm only 14? I'm not looking for a serious relationship yet. And all of them were my friends and we eventually lost interest in dating, we just remained friends. Yea we broke up, but we still hang out and we're super close friends. That's it, close friends, wondered how we would be dating, tried it out, we felt more comfortable as close friends, we went back to being close friends. And I never asked you about relationship. I asked about friendship, different things. Anyway its been like 5 days since the thing passed, and we just pretend like we don't know each other and everything else is fine. Me and the guy I like and two other people are going to the mall this weekend and jenny is out of my hair. Everything is fine for me now:)
    Really, Sphira was the only advice I really liked. I kind of did some of what she said. I moved on and went to my better friends.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 03:44 PM

Her knowing you liked him and she was willing to more or less push herself on him shows you can not really trust her to think of your interests but I don't think discontinuing your friendship over a guy that probably isn't even interested in either of you anyway.
    Be her friend.

May 28, 2009, 03:51 PM

Wow. I just realized all of this was just because of a guy o.0 you're right. Ill be her friend, but I won't let that much trust into her. Thanks, best advice I've heard so far :]
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2009, 01:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty00 View Post
    um i've dated like atleast five guys this year already and ended a 3 month relationship with another guy last year and i just started liking sergio about last month when we began getting close before jenny ruined it.so i know i am ready to date considering the fact that i've already been dating. anyway shes SUPPOSE to be my best friend, but shes one of my best friendS. i connect better with myother ones. jenny isnt my only option of a best friend i just dont know if its going out good with her. i think ill take Sphira's advice and stick to my other friends and ignore jenny

Oui I didn't say that directly I said move on from her DIFFERENT THINGS BESIDES It's a GUY there is no such thing as the perfect one or a soul mate or the one you destaned to be with

May 29, 2009, 09:29 PM

I guess that works too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I overreacting? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13 (and a girl). I've been away from home for about 2 weeks and of course, haven't seen my best friend in that time (a little more than that, actually, since it's summer and we both have been kind of busy). I went over to her house just the other day though, and it was kind of awkward. We...

Am I overreacting? [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I still have major feelings for my ex. We broke up a couple months ago and since then we continued to stay in touch every now and then she would get all sentimental about our past. We still use our made up words with each other and I still call her by her pet name I had for her. But she has...

Am I overreacting? [ 21 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal. I asked my boyfriend to come hear me sing this Sunday. I knew he didn't really want to go, but the Saturday before he said that he would talk to me in the morning and tell me whether he was going. So Sunday morning comes and he doesn't call or text or anything. So I send him...

Am I overreacting [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about 5 years now.He was out of the country for 7 months for educational purposes last year. After he has come back things have changed in a way that now he is only focused on his career.he says that the relationship is a priority for him, but his career comes...

Am I overreacting [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get an objective opinion on whether I am overreacting. I've been with my wife for 9 years, and married for 7 with 2 young children and an older stepson that was from my wife's previous marriage. From the start we have had some rocky times and she always seemed to have these walls up...

View more questions Search