Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darthmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Optical drives play cds, but won't play most dvds
    Both of my optical drives will play cds, games etc. but most of the time when I pop in a dvd, I get a message from Microsoft saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close, and the dvd will not play. The error number is 1000. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 03:34 PM

Is this something new that has started?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

Can you also post exact error?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drives won't play dvds [ 1 Answers ]

My drive won't play rented dvds

My dvd combo drive does not play few cd/dvds [ 4 Answers ]

Hello there, In the search to findout about my problem I landed on this site.. found very intresting about the help offer through your personal immense knowledge, I will be glad if I get help from you, Basics - Compaq v3000 series, Windows vista ultimate , I am using my compaq dvd combo...

New LCD TV with dvds play black and white [ 1 Answers ]

I need some information on how to make my dvd player play my dvds in color and NOT black and white.Someone please help.I have worked on this for over 8 hours and I have given up.

Can my panasonic cf-47 play dvds? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook, model year about 2000. It has a Pentium II, with a CDROM. My question is: Can this machine play a DVD? Of course it can play CDs, but I was wondering if CDs and DVDs are virtually the same, as far as my CDROM is concerned. Thanks for an answer.

Computer won't play dvds [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there When I tried to play a dvd on my PC on powerdvd it says 'The powerdvd Direct show decorder filters have not been installed properly' But I never use this and have never unistalled it or anything like that it came with the PC when I bought it 3 years ago and used to work fine , I also...

View more questions Search