Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcleyn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 10:45 AM
    Multiple Choice Combo Box
    I have a combo box with three choices; Innovation, Competitive and Amenities.
    The Control Source field for these choices is called; Initiatives.
    I want the user to be able to choose 1, 2 or even 3 of these options on my form.
    I have made a mulit select listbox but they are not showing up in the fields.
    Is there any other options I have to make mulitple choices? Or am I doing something wrong with the Multi Select Listbox?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 27, 2009, 10:53 AM

Probably both. If a field can hold multiple values then it shouldn't be a field. What you should have is a subtable. Something like this:

tblInitiative
    ParentID (FK)
    Initiative

The ParentID would be the PK value from the parent record and you would use a composite PK of the two fields to insure no duplication. You can use either a subform to enter records for each or you can use a Multi-select listbox.

However a multi-select listbox needs to be processed. When the multi-select property is set to Yes, the controlsource is not used. Access Help has a code sample (when you look up Multi-Select) that shows how to process the selections. You would need to modify that code to append a record to the above table for each selection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

I have a few questions I can't figure out... 1. When converting from cash basis to accrual basis accounting, which of the following adjustments should be made to cash receipts from customers to determine accrual basis service revenue? A subtract ending accounts receivable B subtract beg...

Multiple Choice [ 2 Answers ]

if you have to guess on two multiple choice questions had five choices, what is the probability that you guess correctly on both guesses?

Hook up combo dvd/vcr to RCA TV using Star choice [ 3 Answers ]

I would really appreciate help on hooking up the unit (dvd/vcr combo) to TV with signal coming from Star Choice satellite. Thought I had it, but when trting to record on VCR, the playback shows a blue screen and the word "MONO". Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this question? Which of the following would be classified in a different major section of a balance sheet from the others? a. Capital stock. b. Common stock subscribed. c. Stock dividend distributable. d. Stock investment in affiliate.

Multiple Choice, Please help me [ 2 Answers ]

Of the following different types of securities, which is typically considered most risky? a) Certificates of deposit b) Long term government bonds c) common stocks of large companies d) U.S. treasury bills

View more questions Search