Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anatola Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 07:25 AM
    All these shades of Monobenzone?
    Guys,

I think I might have found an authentic monobenzone powder seller in India but he has quoted me for 3 different shades of monobenzone powder (and different prices) and I don't know which of the 3 to buy:

1. (99%) Pale-brown powder
    2. (99%) Light yellow-brown powder
    3. (99.5%) Off-white powder.

In older posts by lovie1 (I think that was her username) she said there was also pure-white powder, or was she just referring to the off-white as pure-white?)

As far as I know 99.5% is as pure as it comes?

Let me know guys before I order.

Thanks
    A
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

May 27, 2009, 07:36 AM

Another seller in india? Is that Anil? Because if it is, he never asked what kind I wanted! Lol

With powder... it depends... they usually say the whiter it is, the better and purer it is... That is going by professional companies that sell the material to chemists...

May 27, 2009, 07:54 AM
    No, not anil. Anil said his powder is 99%+ but whether it is or not I don't know. Same in my case too. Yes the whiter it is the more pure it is. I read somewhere that at 98% the powder is brown.

So does this difference in purity give faster results, or better quality whitening, or______?

A

May 27, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anatola View Post
    no, not anil. Anil said his powder is 99%+ but whether it is or not I don't know. Same in my case too. Yes the whiter it is the more pure it is. I read somewhere that at 98% the powder is brown.

So does this difference in purity give faster results, or better quality whitening, or______?

A
    Well Anil told me his was 98% purity, so I'm not sure what colour it will arrive but I will let you know...

I also don't know enough to say if the white powder works quicker.. id say it would as it's a higher purity?

I guess all we can do is trial and error.. So if you get the white powder and let us know how you go... and I will let you know how I go with the powder I get from anil... We are bound to find a supplier that has a legit premium powder to buy from...

May 27, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Mj how long have you been doing skin whitening? Have you been on monobenzone in the past? From what I can tell you are already of a white origin (same here) so... does it really take that long for a white person to depigment completely (I am assuming you are using whitening products since 2006)? I am asking because apart from kojic acid which I used during last winter (it worked a bit made me one shade lighter) I have no other experience.

Thanks

May 27, 2009, 08:18 AM
    mj how long have you been doing skin whitening? Have you been on monobenzone in the past? From what I can tell you are already of a white origin (same here) so...does it really take that long for a white person to depigment completely (I am assuming you are using whitening products since 2006)? I am asking because apart from kojic acid which I used during last winter (it worked a bit made me one shade lighter) I have no other experience.

Thanks

Yes I am white but not pale.. and I do have vitiligo, but only 10 percent, and no one can really notice as my skin is quite light anyway.. With depigmenting, for light skin people it doesn't take that long to depigment as we don't have that much melanin to kill.. so it works quicker for us. The guy I was chatting to a couple of years ago who depigged in 8 months was also light skin, and he started using 10 percent, then went to 20 percent and then stayed on 40 percent for the last 3 months I think..
    I have been using products since 2006 yes, but I stopped for a while because I came across a bad mono batch that had other stuff in it and it made me sick, so I stopped, and then started again and used cream from 7unite which was really good, but they mix other chemicals into the cream which is bad for the body, but I did lighten the most with their product, anyway I stopped again, and I gained colour back, and only in the last couple of weeks have I started again, using the fair and glow stuff which has turned me tanned again! I don't understand it... one day tan, one day light.. I don't know what's causing it, but anyway, I have 2 jars left I think so when I'm through with them, I will start on the powder from anil and make my own cream and give it two weeks and see what happens with my skin and then I will post up photos and let people know how its working...

May 27, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Well good luck! Last year I used diana stadler lotion and kojic acid soap (got it on eBay)... I only put it on for about 2 weeks and it made me a shade lighter... people noticed cause a coworker said my face looked pale... I don't know if that was because I was wearing white makeup also and made it even more noticeable. Now I am back to my italian skin colour which some people find sexy but I don't really like.

May 27, 2009, 08:29 AM
    In regards to the photos.. get a photo now (the before) and then take a photo after two weeks (the after) so we can compare. I heard of people who went a shade or two lighter in just two weeks!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 11:47 AM

Mono off white or beigh can be 98-99%
    White mono USP very expensive 98-102%

Can't tell you where to get it cause it would be advertising, but its out their and I get it from north america and not asia

May 27, 2009, 11:54 AM
    But what would be the advantage over USP mono to normal mono? Please do explain because just a color difference won't justify the difference in price if both can get the work done.

May 27, 2009, 12:04 PM
    I have contacted many pharmaceutical companies in Europe and Asia and some in the USA and NONE said they had a higher percentage than 99.6% so I do not know where you get your 102% mono. In fact I think you have been misinformed by the marketing geniuses who take us, poor people who want to lighten, for fools. I do know that monobenzone.net 'claims' to sell 102% but come on that site claims a lot of things.
    yes___I mean no Posts: 35, Reputation: 2
    -

May 27, 2009, 01:47 PM

Hmmmm.. how can I contact... this.. Anil in india
    roseydin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 01:59 PM

I am selling mono powder I purchased from Anil if anyone is interested. It works very well if mixed and applied properly. I can also give you the recipe I used that worked for me. Contact me if you are interested : [email protected]. The amount I have will last you one whole year.

May 27, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Hi roseydin,
    Is your Monobenzone USP? From what I know Anils mono is not USP so does that play a difference in the quality?

What is the amount that will be required for a whole year by a normal person?

Thanks

May 27, 2009, 02:24 PM

I know the quality of mono Anil sent me is good because I have been using for 2 years with good results. I have achieved allover lightening except for a few spots on my arms. They are barely noticeable because they are blending nicely. A little goes a loong way. Initially start using a 5% solution and work your way up to a 20% sol. But no more.

May 27, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Shouldn't you be completely depigmented by now if you have been using it for two whole years? And how much mono powder does one need for a year supply?

May 27, 2009, 02:44 PM

No not necessarily. I have lightened noticeably, but I am not fully depigmented. I took breaks as well in between which caused my skin to darken up a little but quickly lightened again once I resumed applying. I haven't used mono since Jan because I found out I am pregnant. Luckily I haven't darkened. I have been applying sunblock religiously to maintain and a glycolic acid lotion . I have 870 grams of mono powder, which is more than enough for a year.

May 27, 2009, 03:11 PM
    870 grams is enough for a year?

If you are making a 60ml cream each time you will be using 12g monobenzone powder each time. That results in 72 60ml jars. If you put the cream on twice a day all over your body (as you are supposed to) wouldn't you expect to use one 60ml jar every 2-3 days? I would.

I think 870g would last someone only for half a year not 12 months. Am I wrong? Just my opinion.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 01:43 AM
    But what would be the advantage over USP mono to normal mono? Please do explain because just a color difference wont justify the difference in price if both can get the work done.
    There is a very big difference, normal mono is beigh in colour and it is not REFINED, its just the raw powder. Whereas mono USP is refined AND PROCESSED SPECIFICALLY FOR COSMETIC USAGE but its hard to get a hold of but I managed to get some in my mono days:D also this mono assayss from 98-102% so it's the highest grade

Just like hq also has a usp grade which has been further refined for cosmetic usage its cheaper though and it works all the same except hq is not permanent, if I where you I would do the hq because of the price

May 28, 2009, 01:52 AM
    Thanks Lighterrr,

Well I spoke to my seller last night and he said it conforms with the requirements of USP and it is also pharmaceutical grade! The colour of the powder is still off-white though and not pure white and it is 99.6% assay. I think that is all I needed to know! It is surely going to be more pure than if I bought it from that website monobenzone.net.

A

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to lighten by very few shades [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know a good product or very safe one? I want to lighten my skin very little not a whole lot, like bio claire would do. And I heard there was some remedy, but I forgot anyone know?

How many shades and how fast [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, For those who used whiterskin complex, how many shades did you get from it and do you compliment it with some other cream or not. Also how fast did it work, I'm still waiting for my order. Thanks Also, thank you AskMeHelpdesk and all who contribute to having this forum.it is a pretty good...

View more questions Search