boofhead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 01:15 AM
    How do I calculate
    I have a pipe 500mm long and it contains 8.836 litres of water
    How do I calculate the internal diameter of the pipe
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 04:38 AM

The cross section of the pipe is a circle. The volume in the pipe is the cross sectional area times the length of the pipe.

A = area of a circle, r = radius

V = Volume, A = cross-sectional area (circle), L = length

You're going to have to change liters into cubic meters and you'll have to change millimeters (mm) intometers. When you do that, you'll be able to solve for the radius, r, in meters. The diameter is, of course, twice the radius

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I calculate my EER [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please show me step by step to calculate my EER. My weight in kg is 81 my height in m is 63" , my PA value is 1.00 and my age is 48. I sure would apprecite it. Thank you.

Calculate Npv [ 1 Answers ]

a machine manufactring tiles costs r120 000 to install. Life expectancy of machn=20yrs,it costs r15000 to maintain p.a. Annual net income is expected to be r25 000 pa. Use a 10%pa interest rate.the bank intrests for deposits is 8.5%. What is the npv,and is this project viable?

How do you calculate the NPV? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the NPV for a project if the cost capital is 12% and the initial after-tax cost is $5,000,000 and is expected to provide after-tax operating cash flows of $1,800,000 in year 1, $1,900,000 is year 2, $1,700,000 in year 3, and ($1,300,000) in year 4?

View more questions Search