Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kunzler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Dvd,Vcr,DirectTV connection
    My Tv has a S video on back,1 audio/video connection, 1 audio only connection, and the in from Ant plug
    My DVD has a S video connection, 1 audio/video connection, and a coaxial plug
    My Sat receiver has s video out
    Audio/video, another audio/video, Sat In , and coaxial plug
    My VCR has line in audio/ video, line out audio/video, in from ant plug, and out to TV plug

How do I connect all together starting with the Sat cable coming from the wall??
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

May 26, 2009, 10:58 PM

Proposal:

Purchase a video/audio switch box from a video game dealer or other consumer electronics retailer. You might be able to purchase a box that accommodates both S-video and composite video connections.

Satellite dish to receiver Satellite In

Satellite receiver's S-video and corresponding L/R stereo audio to switch box

Satellite Composite video and corresponding L/R out to the VCR's composite video and L/R stereo inputs.

VCR composite output and L/R stereo outputs to the switch box.

DVD outputs to TV's S-video input and corresponding L/R stereo inputs

Switch box outputs to matching TV inputs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect DirectTV box to VCR and HDTV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DirectTV box which I am trying to connect to a SONY VCR and an HDTV. I have all the cables installed but I am unable to view a CD on the TV. I do not see an IN or OUT connection on the SONY VCR since there is only one set of connectors. I already have an HDM cable from the DirectTV box...

Directions for connecting a dvd, TV, vcr to DirectTv [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! I need some instructions please, on how to hook-up my dvd player, vcr, (the vcr and dvd are NOT a combo), to my TV and DirectTv. Thank you very much:)

Vcr not working with directtv [ 2 Answers ]

I recently signed up with directtv.Getting support with them is impossible. My vcr(jvc,HRA592U) was working fine when I had cable, but now there is no picture or sound. Do I need to upgrade the vcr or is there something I can do to make it work?

LCD TV hookup to DirectTV [ 3 Answers ]

How do you connect a LCD TV to Direct TV receiver? I have a Sharp 19" w/built in DVD player. Confused with inputs and Antenna. Will not be using the HDTV capibility at this time. Manual not clear on any of this.

Is it possible to watch DirectTV Satellite on computer? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got service today at my home... I was curious.. I have a 24" Flat Screen monitor with my computer... Is this possible to watch satellite on? Do I need to get another receiver?

View more questions Search