angelajnewman1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 07:50 PM
    What is the purpose
    What is the purpose for governments in the declaration of independence
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 07:55 PM
    The Declaration of Independence

... That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

May 27, 2009, 07:37 AM

Yup, and here's the direct quote:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men..."
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2011, 12:52 PM
    I realized in a very early stage in life when I first heard people talking about the purpose of life, that they must not disbelieve in their Creator, for without there being Him, they would not have a purpose, or they would not be asking about it, and they verily would not even exist. The purpose of life is known only by the giver of life. I searched half my life how to worship Him, because I realized I love Him more than anything else can be loved, and nothing deserves the love that is due to Him. I found His Religion by searching thus, and by asking Him to give my life whole for Him and go where He wants of me, and how to best worship Him, so He guided me. So I`ve now been a muslim for eight and a half years since then, may Allaah be praised for that, and it has been confirmed in The Book of God:
    The pursose of life is for all of you what I knew it to be for me (maybe your souls forgot):

And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers.
    51:55
    And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship me (Alone).
    51:56
    I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
    51:57
    Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.
    51:58

If you are doubtfull that Allaah is your Lord, and there is no god but Him, and that Islam is His Religion, and that He sent Muhammad -peace and blessing from Him upon him- as a Messenger onto you, so that you should follow Him in order to find your way back to your Lord, and that He may accept you and forgive you, then please listen to The Word of Allaah as it was revealed, and ask your heart: "Is this not The Speach of my Lord?":

Www.all-quran.com

Jan 26, 2011, 12:53 PM
    I realized in a very early stage in life when I first heard people talking about the purpose of life, that they must not disbelieve in their Creator, for without there being Him, they would not have a purpose, or they would not be asking about it, and they verily would not even exist. The purpose of life is known only by the giver of life. I searched half my life how to worship Him, because I realized I love Him more than anything else can be loved, and nothing deserves the love that is due to Him. I found His Religion by searching thus, and by asking Him to give my life whole for Him and go where He wants of me, and how to best worship Him, so He guided me. So I`ve now been a muslim for eight and a half years since then, may Allaah be praised for that, and it has been confirmed in The Book of God:
    The pursose of life is for all of you what I knew it to be for me (maybe your souls forgot):

Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

If you are doubtfull that Allaah is your Lord, and there is no god but Him, and that Islam is His Religion, and that He sent Muhammad -peace and blessing from Him upon him- as a Messenger onto you, so that you should follow Him in order to find your way back to your Lord, and that He may accept you and forgive you, then please listen to The Word of Allaah as it was revealed, and ask your heart: "Is this not The Speach of my Lord?":

Www.all-quran.com

Jan 26, 2011, 12:55 PM

Www.all-quran.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The purpose behind resistors [ 23 Answers ]

Hello: I would like to ask a question pertaining to resistors and specifically WHY one would use a resistor. I understand what resistors are used for in residential installations i.e. to offer resistance to the flow of electricity. But I would like to know why one would need a resistor. Why...

Purpose of our life [ 12 Answers ]

What is the purpose of this life. Just eating, sleeping, working and doing some favors for the needy- will this justify our existence? Why god has sent us on the earth? Getting confused.

What's the purpose of NC? [ 2 Answers ]

I wonder now what the real purpose of NC. I mean, if your ex trying to contact you back after you do it, do you pick up the phone or what?? Is it best not to have any kind of relationship with your ex forever or..?

Purpose of a dehumidistat [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know if I need a humidistat?

NYC resident for tax purpose or not? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I entered the U.S. in July 2005 and just graduated with my MBA in May 2007. I am now here on F-1 Visa status. I am working with a company in NYC. I also live in NYC. Would I be considered as a NYC resident for tax purposes? Am I getting NYC taxed on salary and bonus? Thank you so much...

View more questions Search