Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ammorah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2006, 01:04 AM
    Changing license plate and parking tickets

HELP HELP HELP
    I have gotten many parking tickets and cannot afford to pay them off. After about 5 tickets the city puts a boot on the tire of the car, Then I will be stationary until I pay all my tickets plus the amount to get the boot taken off. That would come out to be around $900.00. I have been looking for a solution to my problem without having to spend money that I do not have. If I I get a new license plate number, will the city and/or the parking police still be able to pull up information about my parking tickets under the previous license plate number? Please help me answer this question.. I would greatly appreciate it as soon as possible.. Thanks:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2006, 05:57 AM
    You may not be able to get a new license plate. When you apply for a plate, especially a change in plates, the DMV is going to check your old plates and find the outstanding tickets.

Even if you bought s new car and was getting plates for it, they would research your record.

Go to the violations bureau and try to arrange a payment plan. Pay what you owe and forget about trying to pull the wool over the DMV's eyes. Oh yeah, and be more careful where you park.
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Oct 4, 2006, 08:03 AM
    As long as time is left on a parking meter, the meterman won't look at your license plate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

Cheap tickets [ 3 Answers ]

Do you know where I can find a cheap ticket from france to sacramento, California? All is just so expensive! :eek:

Parking [ 5 Answers ]

Problem with parking space in my city has gotten so bad, that I need some advice on dealing with some stupid mistakes done by people. I live in Zagreb, Croatia's capitol (and biggest) city. Zagreb has just under 1 million citizens. In my neighbourhood, in the last year parking space just...

GM truck license plate bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to change the license plate bulbs on a 1998 GMC Jimmy? They don't appear to be accessible from the bottom. What's the secret?

Buying Tickets in another country [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American currently living in Britain, but because of the dreadful foreign exchange rate, I'm wondering if it's possible to purchase tickets via a friend or a website in the US and pay with my credit card (also American). Is this possible? Thank you!

View more questions Search