Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j25enn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Property line goes through doublewide
    I purchased a lot with a doublewide on it.I recently had it surveyed and the property line goes two feet into doublewide.what should I do?thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 04:17 PM

Whose property is the other part on and what do they have to say about it?
    j25enn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 04:21 PM
    They do not know about.our mortgage company says not to say nothing about it.what should I do?thanks:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2009, 06:44 PM

Well you can say nothing but start saving up money to have your double wide moved. Since when they discover it is over the line, they may be able to force you to move it.

The "right" thing to do, try and buy part of the land, or move the home to your own property.

You also may want to have the line double checked, it is unusual that a building inspector would approve a home being put incorrectly
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 06:47 AM

Also check with the tax office to see who is paying the taxes on that section.
    That can possibly be a loop hole in working at making a deal with the people.
    ZolaT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 04:05 AM
    They can force the move.
    If you've been paying taxes on it or using it for a long time, in some states you can actually take the relevant parcel of land in court via prescriptive easement.

I'd actually keep my mouth shut about it, but the problem is, you can't rest easy. The current owner may not know or care but if he./she dies or sells the place and they have it surveyed, you're in for a world of hurt.

You cannot rely on municipal authorities for anything.
    Basically all laws are written in such a way that gives them permission to annoy you however they please, but insulates them from liability for whatever they do (or, fail to do). Some counties have no involvement with the survey process whatsoever. Mine does not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property line and position of the property markers [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we have been having a problem with our neighbors about our property. It seems like they have been enchroaching more and more. Finally they got a survey but all I see are two markers, one is on the top asphalt separating the property to the left of them, then there is a marker all the way in the...

Junction box on an 1999 Oakwood doublewide [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone happen to know how or where to find the junction box on a doublewide? We have lost power to our lights and outlets on our front wall to our house. We had a electircian come and take a look but he said that unless we can find out where the junction box is he can't fix the problem. I have...

Property line [ 11 Answers ]

Our new neighbors have a wild hair to enforce the property line. We have a retaining wall separating our driveways. We built the retaining wall with the previous neighbors, both families sharing the cost. The new neighbors had a surveyor friend come and mark up the property, claiming that the true...

Doublewide trailer electrical [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am new at this so be patient please. I have a double wide trailer. The lights on one side were going off and on as though some one was turning them off. I cut all the lights etc off. Then during the night allllll electric went off on the one side. Today I turned the a/c on to see if it would...

Property line [ 1 Answers ]

Our garage wall defines property line. Neighbor has planted invasive vine on our garage wall which is only accessible through their property. Is there a Civil Code I can quote which would disallow this foliage. We live in So. California.

View more questions Search