Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikeAF85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Felony Conviction
    I have a felony conviction for drug trafficking. I've served ALL my time. I need to know what to do about having my record sealed/expunged. I need help with this because I need a better job. The conviction was in Georgia and I was released in April 2002. Advice Please!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 03:09 PM

Hello Mike:

I don't know if Georgia has expunction available, but if it does, you may not have enough criminal free conduct. Most satutes require at least 10 years...

But, in any case you'll need an attorney to get it. I'd pay one a visit or make a couple phone calls. If you're not eligible, they'll tell you for free.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 05:58 PM

If you are eligible in Georgia after a suitable waiting period of at least 10 years of no additional criminal charges you can have an attorney petition the Court for this. The process can take up to 9 months to have granted. It's not an overnight process so be prepared to take your time and not expect miracles with the slow moving Court system.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2009, 06:02 PM

Yes, in and around 2012 you can start the process. You will have to show the courts how you have improved your life, education, steady jobs, and no additional trouble at all, no misdeanor arrests

And you may even have to explain why you had to serve all your time and you did not get any parole. It may show issues while in prison.

And at the end of the day it will be the judge to decide if you get it or not. You will need an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

I have a Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi. I am 22 yrs old and convicted on a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I actually got convicted in 06/06 but charged in 05/05 and I have completely changed my life. I am going to an interview at an eye doctor and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. Please

Felony conviction [ 9 Answers ]

I know someone who was convicted of passport fraud. He was given 5 yrs probation with several stipulations one being that he must stay current on court ordered child support. He was also told he can not leave his jusdicial area without permission of the probation officer. He lost his job when he...

Felony conviction [ 4 Answers ]

I was charged 3 years ago with a felony conviction for possession of a forged instrument, it was a d felony with 5 years probation. I have an issue going on now with the possibility of another felony. This has been going on for 8 months with no indictment or anything. I want to know if I am able to...

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

View more questions Search