Ask
    taylorgurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Drives won't play dvds
    My drive won't play rented dvds
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 06:17 PM

You probably don't have the proper codecs needed to play the DVD's. Would suggest you download more codec files for dvd's. This should solve your problem. Also, you need to have a DVD drive as DVD's won't play in a CD drive. Also, you need to have a DVD player as well. Or you could download the Windows Media Player version 11. This would have the necessary video codecs and the DVD player - but you will still need the DVD drive in order to play your DVD's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dvd combo drive does not play few cd/dvds [ 4 Answers ]

Hello there, In the search to findout about my problem I landed on this site.. found very intresting about the help offer through your personal immense knowledge, I will be glad if I get help from you, Basics - Compaq v3000 series, Windows vista ultimate , I am using my compaq dvd combo...

New LCD TV with dvds play black and white [ 1 Answers ]

I need some information on how to make my dvd player play my dvds in color and NOT black and white.Someone please help.I have worked on this for over 8 hours and I have given up.

Anyone use their laptop to play DVDs for the kids in a minivan? [ 5 Answers ]

Just wanted to know how much wattage I need when I go shopping for one of those power inverters? I have an IBM Thinkpad R51.

Can my panasonic cf-47 play dvds? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook, model year about 2000. It has a Pentium II, with a CDROM. My question is: Can this machine play a DVD? Of course it can play CDs, but I was wondering if CDs and DVDs are virtually the same, as far as my CDROM is concerned. Thanks for an answer.

Computer won't play dvds [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there When I tried to play a dvd on my PC on powerdvd it says 'The powerdvd Direct show decorder filters have not been installed properly' But I never use this and have never unistalled it or anything like that it came with the PC when I bought it 3 years ago and used to work fine , I also...

View more questions Search