Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 08:15 AM
    So, tell me about yourself
    I hate this question! It's so open and wide-reaching, I have no idea how to focus my response.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

May 26, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Which is why an interviewer likes that type of question. It puts you on the spot! You should know yourself. If you can't discern the important elements of your being, the interviewer may assume you will be unable to decide what is important on the job.

So prepare. What are your core values and best attributes? You should be able to summarize them in less than a minute. No details, just a quick and simple overview. Then briefly explain how they will relate to the job you are applying for. Let the interviewer ask for details if he wants them. Just be prepared to provide them.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 10:44 AM

Good advice but what types of information are they looking for? Can anyone provide an example?
    felgar Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2009, 05:20 AM
    Focus on your achievements in your past jobs specifically the ones related to the business of the company you're presently aplying for. Put emphasis on the strength of your performance where you think it could greatly contribute to the success of the company.

Remember, the employer is very much interested on how effective you can be and whether you can be an asset to the company. Of course, you can also mention your personal integrity, sincerity and so on. You should know yourself so well, I'm sure everything will go easily.

Don't forget to build rapport with the interviewer, that's very important too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search