Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 04:17 AM
    Printed photo has green hue
    I hope I am in the right section, if not I apologize. I have a Brother MFC 210c printer and when I print out a photo which was edited in CS4, I have a green hue over the whole photo. I have printed the same photo on a friends printer and it came out perfect, normal skin tone etc. Also when viewed on my monitor the colour is OK. It is only when I print it out.

Hope someone can help me, I would appreciate it greatly.:confused:
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

May 26, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dannic View Post
    I hope I am in the right section, if not I apologize. I have a Brother MFC 210c printer and when I print out a photo which was edited in CS4, I have a green hue over the whole photo. I have printed the same photo on a friends printer and it came out perfect, normal skin tone etc. Also when viewed on my monitor the colour is ok. It is only when I print it out.

Hope someone can help me, I would appreciate it greatly.:confused:
    Are you using brother inks? What paper are you using?

You need to "soft-proof" your image before sending it to the printer. Soft-proofing uses the printer profile (for the paper you are using) and simulates what the image will look like when it is printed. During soft-proofing you can adjust the image as needed (use a separate layer) to make it look right. Here's a link from Adobe about soft-proofing with CS4:

Adobe Photoshop CS4 * About soft-proofing colors

Follow the link at the bottom of that page for more info on soft-proofing.

For best results use a fully color managed work flow and profile your monitor and your printer.
    dannic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 02:02 AM

Thank you jcdill for your reply. I am using glossy kodak paper and brother ink. Thanks for the links. I have started to read about soft proofing and will start experimenting. Hopefully that is all the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I get my photos printed? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am a photographer or 4 years. I need to get my photos printed to a size of 12x12, for a meeting I have. Where can I get them printed to this size? :cool:

Can I file IRS 1096 and 1099 printed on blank paper [ 1 Answers ]

I need to file with IRS one form 1099 for 2008 with form 1096. May I print these forms on white paper or must I print use the preprinted "red" scannable forms?

$1 printed with corner folded over [ 16 Answers ]

My sister who lives in TN has a 1995 $1 that was printed with the corner folded. Any ideas as to the value... we know nothing on the subject. Also, if she decides to sell, what is the best way to go about it so as to not be taken advantage of? Thank you. Tiger

Cards never printed [ 2 Answers ]

Here are some greeting cards never printed for sale: My tire was thumping. I thought it was flat When I looked at the tire... I noticed your cat. Sorry! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

View more questions Search