Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candicebrett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
    80s kids movie: girl walks through mirror into magical land
    OK. So I cannot for the life of me figure out the name of this movie. I watched it I'm thinking in the late 80s. There was a girl (and possibly a boy, her brother maybe) who walked through a mirror in the bedroom and entered some other magical land. There was an evil queen there who had a tree that grew these weird plum/peach-like fruits that looked like they were covered in sugar. Something bad was going to happen if all the fruit fell from the tree. It was in a glass case. I also think there were these weird babies? Wearing metallic diapers? (I had these dolls from the movie. They gave them away with kids' meals at fast food restaurants). This is driving me nuts. My memories are sketchy but others know what I'm talking about and no one can figure out the name. Help!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 10:34 AM
    The Hugga Bunch Movie.
    elizreinigner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 06:49 PM
    I LOVE YOU!! I can't believe this actually came up when I searched Google, girl in mirror late 80's children's movie... Your question sounds like word for word what I asked my little sister, except you remembered a lot more than I did, but I love the part about boy.. maybe brother, I said the same thing! I loved this movie growing up! I'm so excited! :)
    sexyhockeygirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 03:20 AM
    OMG!! Thank you so much! I just posted a question trying to find this movie, and then I saw this! It's exactly what I was looking for! I saw the name and immediately was like "That's it!!!" Now I'm downloading it off utorrent as we speak! YOU ROCK!! Thanks so much!
    jennisaurousREX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 08:23 PM
    I thought you were talking about the movie where there are 2 kids... a boy and a girl. They go through this mirror. End up in a forest... and the people are like... duck mutants. And there is this queen duck. And she wants to turn the 2 kids into tea. That's what Im trying to figure out.
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 08:55 PM
    "there are 2 kids...a boy and a girl. they go through this mirror. end up in a forest...and the people are like...duck mutants. and there is this queen duck. and she wants to turn the 2 kids into tea."

Magic in the Mirror (96)

-More info-
    darameln Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 12:01 AM
    How is this possible that we are all looking for the same childhood movie. I had the same memory of the mirror, but I kept thinking cabbage patch or something. I googled it and found this. You guys are AWESOME! I want to see this movie so bad, only remember pieces from my childhood. Born 1981

Thanks
    Dara
    catastrophe420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 07:03 AM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_Ur0je7bM

Yeah its Magic in the Mirror if you're talking about the duck people movie as opposed to the creepy cabbage patch looking toys.
    I couldn't remember a thing about it but the duck people.

I think you can watch the whole movie here in parts.
    RadRoseDuggan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 05:56 PM
    I've been trying to remember the name of the Hugga Bunch movie for the better part of TEN YEARS.

I'm in tears over here! I used to always insist on renting it, but back then I could never remember the names of movies. I just liked the covers. This is such a sweet blast of nostalgia - THANK YOU EVERYONE!
    btfly82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 02:15 PM
    OMG! I've been trying to find the name of this movie for a few years now. I think about the movie and could never think of the name. I am sooo glad I found this site... thank you so much!
    staceface Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 10:25 AM
    This is crazy, ever since I was little I have been trying to look for this movie! Could never remember much of it except for the mirror, I kept thinking of care bears or strawberry shortcake ( I don't know why) and every few years I would Google it! And finally I found this! And what's even more crazy is all the people who were wondering the same question!!

THANK YOU!!
    melanella Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 08:28 PM
    I found it online after finding the name of it on this forum!

http://www.moviesdatacenter.com/Movies/The-Hugga-Bunch-1985.html

Quote Originally Posted by darameln View Post
    How is this possible that we are all looking for the same childhood movie. I had the same memory of the mirror, but I kept thinking cabbage patch or something. I googled it and found this. You guys are AWESOME! I want to see this movie so bad, only remember pieces from my childhood. Born 1981

Thanks
    Dara
    melanella Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 08:33 PM
    For those of you searching for this film, as I have been for years now, I managed to find links to watch it online after a forum like this one told me it's name! I'm born in '89 and I remember this movie from when I was younger. My parents used to rent it for me all of the time and even though I was scared of the darker parts of this movie, I must have loved it for it to have stuck with me for so long! Part of me thought I had made it all up and I have searched the web a countless number of times with the most vague search criteria like "girl goes through mirror into magical land movie" or "old movie where girl goes through mirror" -- that's all I could really remember. I just watched the film and I can't believe how much I remembered from it! Thanks everyone, for helping me cope with this weird childhood memory... I thought I must have been crazy or something, as my parents did not remember the film at all (of course, they never watched it with me... )

You can watch The Hugga Bunch here! : http://www.moviesdatacenter.com/Movies/The-Hugga-Bunch-1985.html

Quote Originally Posted by candicebrett View Post
    Ok. So I cannot for the life of me figure out the name of this movie. I watched it I'm thinking in the late 80s. There was a girl (and possibly a boy, her brother maybe) who walked through a mirror in the bedroom and entered some other magical land. There was an evil queen there who had a tree that grew these weird plum/peach-like fruits that looked like they were covered in sugar. Something bad was going to happen if all the fruit fell from the tree. It was in a glass case. I also think there were these weird babies? Wearing metallic diapers? (I had these dolls from the movie. They gave them away with kids' meals at fast food restaurants). This is driving me nuts. My memories are sketchy but others know what I'm talking about and no one can figure out the name. Help!
    renwa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 06:36 AM
    OMG, I cannot believe that there are so many other people out there who were searching for the name of this movie!

I only watched it once as a kid but have always remembered it... well parts of it... and none of my friends have ever seen it - they all thought I was crazy when I asked them about it.

I remembered the mirror and the magic fruit and the evil queen... but I also seemed to remember that the girl's grandma was sick and that the magic fruits would help her get better - is this right?? Or am I getting confused?

Thank you all for helping me on my quest to prove I am not insane and I did actually watch this movie growing up, not just dream it.

And I am still amazed that by typing "childrens movie, magic plums" into Google that this came up! :)
    maxima21161 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
    My sister and I have been talking about this movie for years. We both loved this movie from our childhood but could never remember the name. We didn't think anyone else would have a clue, so it is funny that you described it just how we have been.
    butterflygump99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 06:44 PM
    Thank you Magic In the Mirror I could remember but the Hugga Bunch movie was the one I had been looking for

Now if someone could help me with a similar movie, About a girl who walks through the mirror blonde haired, has a huge dread wearing elephant like deal in it... Not alice through the looking glass... if anyone else can remember this please help Thanks in advance
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Sep 14, 2013, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by straydog View Post
    "there are 2 kids...a boy and a girl. They go through this mirror. End up in a forest...and the people are like...duck mutants. And there is this queen duck. And she wants to turn the 2 kids into tea."

Magic in the Mirror (96)

-More info-
    There is a sequel.

Magic in the Mirror: Fowl Play (1996) - IMDb

All three of these movies are asked about frequently at all movie Q&A sites. Obviously, they left an impression on a lot of people, as did "Warriors of Virtue", "The Quest" aka "Frog Dreaming", "The Witching of Ben Wagner", and "The Watcher in the Woods".
    butterflygump99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 03:29 AM
    No it wasn't the sequel, in this they were in the fantasy land, walking along side a mountain top, had the big elephant looking thing grey or brown dreads and a few other character's around the rainbow bright era, no munchkin's or ducks lol... But thanks I will check the other titles you just named off as well to see if any of those might be them.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Sep 15, 2013, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflygump99 View Post
    No it wasn't the sequel, in this they were in the fantasy land, walking along side a mountain top, had the big elephant looking thing grey or brown dreads and a few other character's around the rainbow bright era, no munchkin's or ducks lol...But thanks I will check the other titles you just named off as well to see if any of those might be them.
    I was remarking about the sequel because some peple aren't aware there is one. But, if they enjoy the first movie, they might like to see the second one. I was not saying that you were looking for the sequel, just suggesting that you might like it.

I'm very aware that the film being described was "The Hugga Bunch", as I've ID'd it dozens of times at other sites.
    Kyle_Carter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2013, 07:11 PM
    You have no idea how long I have searched the net to find out the name of this movie I use to watch at my babysitter's growing up.. I always thought it was a strawberry shortcake movie of some sort... thanks for posting. Glad I'm not the only one looking for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat runs through mirror to magical world, girl follows [ 5 Answers ]

This is like a Through the Looking Glass type idea. It's a children's movie/TV special that started w/ a girl in her bedroom, and her cat runs through her mirror and ends up in a magical land. The girl follows and I think has to deal w/ some evil queen. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I...

Girl walks through mirror into a land full of duck people. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay. So me and a friend Olivia were talking about a movie that it seems only me and her have seen. I watched it a long time ago so it probably came out in the 1980-1990s. All we can remember is a girl walking through a mirror and ending up in a land of creatures that appear to be giant, walking...

Old Kids movie 70s-80? Go Through Mirror [ 15 Answers ]

I am trying to recall what this movie is called. It was about a toy girl or doll who would come through a little girls bedroom closet mirror. Then it's a fairytale world .There is also a witch or mean queen that has a strawberry tree that is like the tree of youth or beauty. I know she drops a...

Girl walks through mirror, late 80's early 90's [ 10 Answers ]

So I would classify this movie as more of a fantasy type. All I remember from it is a young girl walking through her mirror into another land. I think there was also a witch protecting a rose, and at the end she dies reaching for the rose. I might be mixing the witch/rose up with another movie. I...

80's Kids movie.girl with her dog start rock band? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I am racking my brain trying to remember the name of this movie. It's definitely and 80's early 90's movie about a blonde girl and her dog... I think the dog is a stuffed animal, but they have a rock band? For some reason I remember glitter or sparkles being involved. Help!

View more questions Search