Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superhus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 03:49 AM
    American/jordanian citizen, married to syrian; want divorce
    Hello.
    I was born in jordan and lived in the states; dual citizen. I'm now living in syria, and married to a syrian. I have a daughter that is now 4 months old born in syria, but with a jordanian birth certificate and plan to get my daughter american citizenship. Our marriage license is jordanian. Both muslims. I'm planning on getting a divorce. I have not, nor will I register my marriage or my daughter here in syria. I was reading under the child custody laws for jordan, "The court can determine that she (wife) is incapable of safeguarding the child or of bringing the child up in accordance with the appropriate religious standards." does that mean, if I know, and if I can prove that my wife is not capable of raising my daughter, or if I can prove that the house she is living in with her family is not a place where anyone would let their child live, would that help in me getting custody? I have many recordings of what goes on in that house; yelling, screaming, fighting; its just not fit for a child to live in. also, in the quoted statement about appropriate religious standards, if I were to provide the religious court with photos of my wife dressing very skimpy, would that help me in taking custody? Currently, we are still married, and the wife is denying me to see my daughter; they are at the wifes' moms house. Also, what are my rights in this situation as an american citizen? As a jordanian? Thanks
    superhus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 03:58 AM

Ps..

I once walked into my mother in laws house, and my daughters cousins punching her in the head; no adult supervision, and my daughters mother out with friends. I need to get my daughter out of the crazy life my wife and her family intend for her to live

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are all the papers to file when married to american citizen? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just got married in the US to an american citizen and now I want to know what are all the papers that I need to file to migration, my current status in the us is tourist since Im a resident of a south american country. Thank you

Married with American citizen [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter got married with American citizen who migrated there from Pakistan and she is now with him in Mariland for last about 9 months. My daughter's resident visa is expected within two months. Her husband is treating her very badly like a servant and does not provide her adequate food and...

American citizen want's to get married [ 2 Answers ]

I'm an American citizen and my soon to be wife are trying to get married, she was born in Mexico and is not a citizen of the U.S. How do I go about getting married and her becoming a legal U.S. citizen?

View more questions Search