Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heidikipnes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Mother German- do I qualify for German passport?
    My mother who is now deceased was born in Germany. She obtained American citizenship. Is there any chance that I can obtain a German passport?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:09 PM

Germany does not recognize dual citizenship. If she became naturalized before you were born, the answer is no... but if she was a green card holder by the time you were born, maybe... but if she never reported your birth to the German embassy, it's now too late.
    1201 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 03:22 AM

The father of my son is a german born. I am a kenyan born. Is it applicable for my son to obtain a german passport?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

My father is German, Can I get a German Passport and how? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to get a German Passport. My father is German , living in Australia. What do I need to gain a German Passport. >Moved from Forum Help<

Do I qualify for german visa? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at travelling abroad but only have a South African passport. I would like to apply for a german ancest visa. My mother and granparents were born in Germany, so does that mean that I qualifiy? If so, how do I go about it?

View more questions Search