Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joseel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Where to get a boulder (big rock) and how much?
    My sister saw a quote for $85 per ton. How much would one of these weigh? One big enough to put close to the fire and sit on. She is close to Montreal, if you happen to have any specifics about there. Thank you so much.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 05:52 PM

You can figure out the weight using the average density of granite which is 2.75 g/cm3.

You can use Online Conversion - Convert just about anything to anything else for help.

Figure out about how big: l x w x h all in centimeters to get cm^3 and multiply this by 2.75 to get the number of grams.

Then convert grams to whatever version of tons you use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid rock [ 1 Answers ]

I know hank jr is not his dad but what is his real fathers name.

Dur a rock [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find out what the UL test results for the state of Florida are on dur a rock. I also need specs on fireproofing and wall assembly.

Attaching wooden fence to boulder retaining wall [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a community on a hill. The lots are all terraced. I want to build a wooden fence on my property line. Six ft. panel fences are all that my CC&Rs allow. If I build to the side of the rocks and in the soil I will lose almost 2' of property. How can I attach a fence to the boulders?

Lab ate a rock [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 month old lab threw up a good sized rock in the middle of the night. He seems to be fine now but should I be concerned about anything internal that may have been hurt?

Hit a rock [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman 2.0 mower. I hit a rock and now the mower is making noise. It still operates, still cuts, but the pullstart wire vibrates like crazy and it sounds like something is striking underneath. The blade looks okay and I don't see any apparent damage underneath. Any ideas?

View more questions Search