Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joanna54 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Moving to savannah where should I live?
    I am moving to Savannah to attend scad in the fall. I need to live by myself so I will not be in the dorms. I am moving from New York city and only have time to visit Savannah once to find a place. I will not have the time to explore all of Savannah so please be specific on where I should look for housing. The names of streets would help. Also specific areas. The historic district is quite large and I am sure its not all worth living in.

I would like to know what neighborhoods to avoid, where the projects are.
    In New York safety can drastically change (one side of the street safe, the other not)
    I am 27 and like a good night life. I do not want to be in the middle of nowhere.
    (I find that people on craigslist lie... close to Scad really means, 40 min commute.
    I am looking to spend up to 700$

These are the neighborhoods I keep hearing about.

Historic district North
    Historic district south
    Victorian district east
    Victorian district west
    Dixon Parks
    Baldwin Park
    Southside
    Eastside

Any details about these areas would be helpful.
    Any other areas I don't know about would be helpful.

Thank you for your help. Moving out of state can be very stress full if you don't know the areas.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2009, 02:05 PM

Compared to NY there is no dangerous area of Savanah GA

But you will still be limited with only 700 to spend.

There are many nice rooms, since most people ( almost all) have cars, close in can mean a 10 to 15 min drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I move to Savannah, GA? [ 13 Answers ]

Michelle again. 23 year old african american woman. I want to move to Savannah, GA in about 2 more years so that I can attend Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). Is it a good place to live? I googled it, and they say the crime and gang rate is up. It's bad here in Columbia, SC too, but how...

Live In Girlfriend Has Semi-Dropped Me And Is Possibly Moving On [ 12 Answers ]

I want to apologize in advance because this is going to read like a Springer show based on the situation but it's unfortunately my realisty and I would really like some advice from anybody out there. My girlfriend and I moved to Denver a month ago. Before we left to move here I wasn't working...

Does anyone know if you can own a Savannah cat in Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if you can own a Savannah Cat in Michigan? And if so what are the laws.. thank you

View more questions Search