Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BonnieC Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Droopy Jade Plant
    We went on a 3 week vacation and had our neighbor water our plants. I told her not to water the jade plant, but she did. She came back to water the other plants a few days later and noticed the jade plant had drooped and tried to stake it up. We have been back a week, still have the plant staked up, but the 2 "trunks" (? - not sure what you call the stem) are still droopy. The plant is only about a foot tall, if that matters. Is there anything we can do to rescue our plant? Also, some of the leaves came off. How do we start another plant from those leaves?

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 05:52 PM

Hi, BonnieC!

Was there anything else in the water, like a fertilizer? If a jade plant gets over fertilized, that can cause droopiness.

Thanks!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 08:27 PM
    I have tons of jade all over my yard. Started with a clip from my neighbor. I live in Northern CA USA and it is dry here, but my jade gets watered everyday, no droops so far. We can drop down to 30 in winter and never had a problem.

When I want to move it some where else I just cut off a section and shove it in the ground and it grows always, water or no water.

I have not fertilized it, so Clough might have an idea there for the droopy thing. :)
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 09:12 PM

Great "tips", there, Just Dahlia!

Thanks!

May 25, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Hi, Clough --
    No, there was no fertilizer -- just water. We have the plant under a table lamp and were not home for 3 weeks. But since we've been home the lamp has been on every night. I even watered the plant lightly and set it outside one day and that didn't help. We thought that the plant would like a little more light than it had while we were gone. (Also, I really don't know how to respond to your answer. I hope you get this.)
    Thanks,
    Bonnie
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:28 PM

Hi, Bonnie!

I did get your response and will do some research on this.

What part of the country are you located in, please?

Thanks!

May 26, 2009, 09:11 AM
    Hi and thank you!

I'm in the Denver CO area. I also forgot to mention that it's still growing new leaves. It's just limp.

Bonnie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the deal with jade? [ 2 Answers ]

I have my grandmothers triple strand, jade necklace which is carved into the shapes of pearls. I have been wondering it's value, but I look on the internet and you can buy some jade necklaces for $20 and then other jade necklaces for thousands. How do I determine it's value? It's real heavy, so...

I think my wisdom teeth extraction caused my droopy lid, but not sure. [ 2 Answers ]

I got my wisdom teeth extracted at the end of July 2008 and the surgery went fantastic. No dry sockets, no real pain, everything was just perfect EXCEPT now I have a droppy left eye lid. Does anyone know if getting your teeth extracted can cause this? If it can, should I speak with the doctor...

Jade oven amperage [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a jade double oven and it was a floor model so I am looking for the instruction manual for installing it.:(

View more questions Search