Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katric84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Sewer flies
    I have read some of the postings about how to eliminate or at least control sewer flies. We have a septic tank and before I purchase any of the products available I want to make sure they are safe for septic tanks. Does anyone have any suggestions? If possible I would like to treat them asap without having to order something and wait for it to arrive. Thanks for any input.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 24, 2009, 10:35 AM
    You won't be putting enough volume in to change any bacterial action in your septic tank. Good luck, Those little pests are a bear to get rid of. I know, I had them for months myself. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Floor Drain smells like sewer and little black flies [ 10 Answers ]

Recently in the basement of our home I noticed a nasty smell coming from the floor train. To me it smells like sewer. I heard it is Methane gas in the pipes. It is so bad I had to seal it off until I find out what the smells is. When I sealed it off though I noticed the clear wrap that is...

Drain/sewer flies [ 4 Answers ]

We cannot get rid of drain/sewer flies. They are apparently breading in the dirt under our slab floor. We treated our sinks and drains for 2 years to no avail. Our plumbers finally suspected a cracked pipe; there were several: the toilet pipe, the bathroom sink pipe, the kitchen sink pipe...

Sewer flies [ 6 Answers ]

I am having the sewer/drain fly problem in my house. The house is a ranch on a slab. I have two bathrooms, one with a shower and the other a tub. I had a local plumbing company come in to check this. They found a open drain in the shower and fixed it. (The shower drain pipe was simply...

Sewer smell and flies [ 4 Answers ]

We had a huge backup from our basement drain about a year ago (little children and too much paper in the toilet caused it I think). We cleaned up the concrete floor with cleaner and then with bleach and took out the carpet that got wet. All was fine for a while, then the smell started. We get a...

View more questions Search