Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meow420 Posts: 132, Reputation: 10

May 24, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by susangpyp View Post
    You asked two questions: am I horrible? I believe someone said you were.

You asked: Is this wrong? I believe a lot of people said yes.

This isn't about the people here. YOU asked the two questions. You got answers you didn't like and now you want to justify what you're doing and blaming the responses on people who have had cheating spouses. This is not about the people here. This is about you. You're the one who asked the questions. You're the one who is engaging in this behavior that many here find reprehensible. I have NO clue what it is you really wanted to hear. It really wasn't opinions.

You're not ready to understand and I don't think you really wanted answers to your questions. I'm not sure what you wanted but you didn't really want answers to your questions.
    Sorry, what I meant was, I've put 2 questions on this site.. this question about the married man situation and also a separate question in a different area regarding addiction.

Yes I asked the question here - am I horrible? You have all answered yes, I accept that answer.
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

May 24, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow420 View Post
    sorry, what i meant was, ive put 2 questions on this site.. this question about the married man situation and also a seperate question in a different area regarding addiction.

Yes i asked the question here - am i horrible? You have all answered yes, i accept that answer.
    I think you're questioning yourself which is good. As I suggested in the other thread, go to an SLAA meeting or go to their website.

I think you're searching for answers and many times people automatically get defensive when they first start asking questions and get answers they don't like.

I think you're trying to break through your denial and that's a good thing. I suggest you read the literature on sexual addiction.

Keep looking for the answers. They are out there. People can and do recover from sexual addiction.

May 24, 2009, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by susangpyp View Post
    I think you're questioning yourself which is good. As I suggested in the other thread, go to an SLAA meeting or go to their website.

I think you're searching for answers and many times people automatically get defensive when they first start asking questions and get answers they don't like.

I think you're trying to break through your denial and that's a good thing. I suggest you read the literature on sexual addiction.

Keep looking for the answers. They are out there. People can and do recover from sexual addiction.
    People get defensive? And can you blame me? All you people are seeing of me is a tiny few sentences, trying to condense my whole life story in and ask a question, only to be hated. I know everyone is soming from different places and different angles. Mayb I was looking for someone else out there that had experiences in this or something., still not to condone or justify my actions, but at least to know I wasn't alone in my way of thinking. As I have discovered, I am alone and that's OK...
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 07:26 PM
    the reason I asked this question is because up until this point I had not reallt thought about it. Not until a married friend of mine and I had an argument about it.. I had no feelings on the matter so was looking for other opinions.

As I can see, people here are pretty narrow minded.

I don't know his wife, I don't want to know his wife, Yes he has been cheatin on her for 10years and mostly with prostitutes. If anything, him seeing me is a lot better than that. He has moved up in the world. No longer is his money wasted, he can now buy his wife more.

The relationship I have with him is the most honest I've ever experienced. He tells me about his sex addiction, and I can talk to him about anything. He doesn't lie to me, he tell sme he loves his wife very much and I try and help him with some of the problems they have. Hell at the moment I helping him learn his wife menstrual cycle so they can start having babies..

Im not being selfish. Im not forcing his wife to live a lie. He is. He doesn't love me, I know this and Im happy with this. It sounds like you people are making me out to be the .

Don't be deceived. The posters are not being narrow minded. This is about them reminding you that you are living a life where you are not being honest with yourselves - either of you.

What strange world of fanatsy do you live in?

He loves his wife and he's cheating with you?
    He's trying for a baby but he's cheating with you?
    He's got a sex addiction and he's trying for a child?
    You're happy because he's moved up in the world to screwing you and it saves his wife the cost of him going to prostitutes?

I never NEVER went out looking for a married man... he came looking for me. I didn't choose to fall in love.
    Please do not be offended, but what you describe is not love. Love is about honesty, loyalty, kindness, connection and respect (to name a few). And, of course it was your choice - whose choice was it if it was not yours?

At the very least, take some responsibility.

May 24, 2009, 07:27 PM
    people get defensive?? and can u blame me? All you people are seein of me is a tiny few sentences, tryin to condense my whole life story in and ask a question, only to be hated. I know everyone is soming from different places and different angles. Mayb i was lookin for someone else out there that had experiences in this or something.,,still not to condone or justify my actions, but at least to know i wasnt alone in my way of thinkin. As i have discovered, i am alone and thats ok...
    No one hates you. People here don't like what you are doing because it offends their sense of right and wrong. For most people (not just here but anywhere) having an affair is WRONG and thank God for that. Marriage is hard enough without infidelity. So that "moral stance" is a good one for most people.

What you are doing goes against the grain of most people. You asked about a VERY unpopular thing so you should have expected some pushback. If you did not then you don't have a lot of insight.

I think you are a sex addict looking for answers. Go to the SLAA website (I posted the link in the other thread) and find people who can help you.

But if you just want an opinion poll, be prepared for all answers. And if you ask a question about an unpopular life choice, expect to hear from people who feel strongly about it.

It's a GOOD thing that most people find infidelity to be wrong. A good moral compass is important in life and infidelity is just not a good thing where you are the cheater or the person helping the cheater cheat and it's never ever going to be a popular choice. And thank goodness for that.

If we all scratched every itch we had, this would be a sad sad world.

May 24, 2009, 07:38 PM

I am taking resposibility. If I had no "good" side why would I be questioning my actions...

I come from a place where married men cheat on their wives everyday. Having sex with some one who is not their wife, DOES not take away the love they have for her .(this is not my defense, this is just a statement) sex is sex and love is love.. two different entities... but that is just my opinion.

I have looked at that website thank u

May 24, 2009, 07:43 PM
    i am taking resposibility. if i had no "good" side why would i be questioning my actions...

I come from a place where married men cheat on their wives everyday. Havin sex with some one who is not their wife, DOES not take away the love they have for her .(this is not my defense, this is just a statement) sex is sex and love is love.. two different entities... but tht is just my opinion.

I don't expect you to understand this but love is an action. It's what you do and not what you say and if you're boinking someone not your wife that is not a loving action. There is no separation of love and sex in healthy relationships. If you want to be healthy, that whole mindset and all the rationales that go with it has to be changed.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 07:51 PM

Putting morality aside for a moment,isn't there any part of you that wants something more? That deserves something more from a relationship?

If he were single and wanted to be in an exclusive relationship,can you honestly say you would not want that?

You can have independence and solitude and still be in a committed relationship.

You never feel that you are cheating yourself?

May 24, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Putting morality aside for a moment,isn't there any part of you that wants something more? That deserves something more from a relationship?

If he were single and wanted to be in an exclusive relationship,can you honestly say you would not want that?

You can have independence and solitude and still be in a committed relationship.

You never feel that you are cheating yourself?
    Ive been beaten and battered by men in the past. I don't think I've ever had a healthy relationship to be honest. But with him, (regardless of what you all have said) I do get treated well, with respect, with honesty. My answer would be no... I don't think I am cheatin myself.

If he were single, it would never work. (he and I have discussed this) As a single man he would want more of me than I am ready to give.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 07:59 PM
    i am taking resposibility. if i had no "good" side why would i be questioning my actions...

I come from a place where married men cheat on their wives everyday. Havin sex with some one who is not their wife, DOES not take away the love they have for her .(this is not my defense, this is just a statement) sex is sex and love is love.. two different entities... but tht is just my opinion.

Sex without love in a relationship is like food without the taste, a flower without the scent, the sun without warmth. It is incomplete.

Love and sex are not separate entities in a relationship.

Imagine, if you can, a relationship where you can have both. Imagine a relationship where you don't have to worry about your partner cheating, where you can achieve intimacy because of the trust and connection that you've created because you love each other and you choose to remain faithful to each other. Imagine the strength that this gives you both individually and as a couple.

You may well come from a place where married men regularly cheat on their wives and this is accepted behavior - but is this the life and the relationship that you truly want for yourself?

May 24, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Sex without love in a relationship is like food without the taste, a flower without the scent, the sun without warmth. It is incomplete.

You may well come from a place where married men regularly cheat on their wives and this is accepted behavior - but is this the life and the relationship that you truly want for yourself?
    I just want a happy life... that is what I want for myself
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 08:06 PM

Ive been beaten and battered by men in the past. I don't think I've ever had a healthy relationship to be honest.
    And my dear you still don't.

It sounds like you are settling because a part of you is not an independent woman who doesn't need anyone.

Do you think you choose unavailable men as a defense mechanism?
    Kind of an "I can't get too close so I can't get too hurt" mind set.

I think you are afraid and that is why you have opted for this safe relationship.

May 24, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    And my dear you still don't.

It sounds like you are settling because a part of you is not an independent woman who doesn't need anyone.

Do you think you choose unavailable men as a defense mechanism?
    Kind of an "I can't get too close so I can't get too hurt" mind set.

I think you are afraid and that is why you have opted for this safe relationship.
    This is the first married man I have ever had any kind of relationship with. I didn't seek him out because it would "suit" me.

I am a very independent person. In every aspect I guess except this... Maybe I am afraid. Im afraid that I won't be able to be as honest with other men, or as honest as I can be with him. I can tell him anything. I can tell him if I've been woth someone else and there is no jealousy. No anger.

Im not the marryin type and I'm certainly not a breeder. I don't know.
    He says things to me like "you can't cage a tiger" and for some reason it reigns true in my life. I don't want to be constricted to a normal relationship. But in saying that, even though I know it could happen, I don't want to upset his wife. That was never my intention. Man this is hard..
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 08:18 PM
    I just want a happy life.... that is what i want for myself
    Sorry to sound corny, but I see happiness as a journey, not a destination...

Happiness is learned and developed through the way we live now, in this present moment, how we make our life choices, how we think about and treat other people.

Strangely enough, happiness is frequently learned in tough moments, or in the face of suffering. If it is not lived out through our behavior, happiness is nothing more than a nice idea.

I truly hope that you give the responses on this post some thought - I accept that none of us live a perfect life and all of us are flawed (it is the human condition) - but we can and should try to live our lives with integrity.

In the final analysis being true to ourselves and having a 'spiritual backbone' are the elements that create the foundations for love and real happiness.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 08:22 PM
    this is the first married man i have ever had any kind of relationship with. I didnt seek him out because it would "suit" me.

I am a very independant person. In every aspect i guess except this... Maybe i am afraid. Im afraid that i wont be able to be as honest with other men, or as honest as i can be with him. I can tell him anything. I can tell him if ive been woth someone else and there is no jealousy. No anger.

Im not the marryin type and im certainly not a breeder. I dont know.
    He says things to me like "you can't cage a tiger" and for some reason it reigns true in my life. I dont want to be constricted to a normal relationship. But in saying that, even tho i know it could happen, i dont want to upset his wife. That was never my intention. man this is hard..
    I'm quite sure there are other men who are capable of giving you everything he does and more ,while still respecting your need for space and solitude.

He is going to tell you anything you want to hear.He has a perfect mistress.You aren't going to call the wife and your not complicating his life.

It almost sounds like you are allowing your sex addiction to rule your life.

Have you ever sought out therapy to get to the reasons for your addiction?

There is so much more than sex.Sex without love is like cake without frosting,its good but its not mind blowing.
    I think you are selling yourself short.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 08:25 PM

My answers to your 2 questions:

1. "Am I horrible"
    In all honesty after reading your responses you don't seem to be a horrible person , but what your doing is. It suits you and it suits him , but don't you think it would devastate his wife if she ever found out? And just because he would do it with someone else anyway doesn't vilify you.

2. "Is it wrong"
    Yes it is , you are cheating with a married man FULL STOP.

You obviously have some underlying issue's and I would suggest seeking some counseling to sort those out rather than go through the rest of your life living with the insurety of what it will throw at you next.

Good Luck!
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Sorry to sound corny, but I see happiness as a journey, not a destination.........

Happiness is learned and developed through the way we live now, in this present moment, how we make our life choices, how we think about and treat other people.

Strangely enough, happiness is frequently learned in tough moments, or in the face of suffering. If it is not lived out through our behavior, happiness is nothing more than a nice idea.

I truly hope that you give the responses on this post some thought - I accept that none of us live a perfect life and all of us are flawed (it is the human condition) - but we can and should try to live our lives with integrity.

In the final analysis being true to ourselves and having a 'spiritual backbone' are the elements that create the foundations for love and real happiness.
    Had to spread the love but I think what you said is far from corny,in fact very touching ,honest and important!

May 24, 2009, 08:31 PM
    [QUOTE=friend4u178;1754975]My answers to your 2 questions:

1. "Am I horrible"
    In all honesty after reading your responses you don't seem to be a horrible person , but what your doing is. It suits you and it suits him , but don't you think it would devastate his wife if she ever found out? And just because he would do it with someone else anyway doesn't vilify you.

2. "Is it wrong"
    Yes it is , you are cheating with a married man FULL STOP.

You obviously have some issue's and I would suggest seeking some counseling to sort those out rather than go through the rest of your life living with the insurety of what it will throw at you next.

Good Luck![/QUOTE
    Thanks for your comment. Even though you said pretty much the same as a lot of other people, you did it in a nicer way. Cheers. Im looking into a counselling service in my area as we speak. Thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 24, 2009, 08:52 PM

Couselling is a good idea.

Obviously you do feel guilt, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so, even though my gut says to tear you a new one, I won't.

I'm a wife, have been married for 14 years come Wednesday, have two beautiful children, my husband has never cheated on me, because he loves me.

If he did, I'd not only kick his sorry arse out the door but I'd want to meet the woman that destroyed my marriage, everything I worked so hard to get and I wouldn't be very nice or understanding when I met the tramp, yes, tramp.

You say that this is just about sex, well dear, there are other men that can give you that, men without any other commitments.

Leave him. Will he still cheat on his wife, probably, he's a sex addict and doesn't have any morals, that won't change over night. But, you can choose not to be a part of this, not to destroy this marriage.

Get help, leave him, find some respect for yourself and others. Move on.

Good luck.

May 24, 2009, 08:58 PM

I just made an appointment to speak to a professional. Maybe this was the kick in the pants I needed.

And I'm not a tramp. Well at least, I don't think I am

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Was it really that horrible? [ 8 Answers ]

K so this is a really long story, but I'll try to cut it short So last year I was 15, and I became friends with a girl, that introduced me to her friend, who was 40 years old, that actually paid her for sex whenever she needed money. Well when I met the guy I didn't know and he ended up paying me...

Am I horrible person? [ 9 Answers ]

While I was going through the break up with my ex-boyfriend, I met this guy that seemed nice enough. He was amusing and had the same interests as me. He started talking to me online, I talked to him and everything was friendly. However, he insisted on meeting up with me and basically expressed...

Horrible husband [ 7 Answers ]

My friends husband has signed over their home to his father in an attempt to hide the equity they have in their home in the divorce settlement is this legal? He also was charged with assaulting her and is now under a two year restraining order which gave her the marital home to live in during that...

Horrible acne [ 7 Answers ]

I have to go somewhere in a few hours; what's the most quick fix for a giant pimple?? :(

Horrible Odor [ 1 Answers ]

When the toilet is flushed after someone uses it there is a horrible smell in the basement what is that from?

View more questions Search