Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambition Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 04:45 AM
    Banner Ads (Flash) vs SEO
    I have a brand new website I'm launching shortly and I will be running an affiliate program. I'll also be concentrating efforts on organic SEO. These two topics seem to always be kept separate, but why? Here's what I mean...
    It's generally known that for SEO purposes, you want as many relevant sites as possible to link to your site (inbound links). Now, if you're running an affiliate program, it makes sense to me that we can combine affiliate marketing with SEO efforts by only approving affiliates who operate highly relevant sites, and use creatives that the search engines can follow. BUT... most banner ad creatives seem to be made using Flash (which, as I understand it, search engines currently cannot read). That seems to say that you had an inbound link opportunity and you blew it by using Flash. Am I wrong?
    Why does everyone seem to be making banner ads in Flash instead of html (or any other technology) when using other than Flash can also get you the benefit of the inbound links (and clicks)?
    Is it because of animation ability? It seems that most research shows that the crazy animated banners don't attract the click as frequently as a simple banner.
    Is it because of file size? Can't a simple html banner ad be created in small enough file to be attractive to affiliates?
    Thx!
    belwet Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2010, 03:45 AM

Thanks for useful information that is way I like participation in QA sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

How can I make the flash banner linked? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem, I made a flash banner, but I don't know how to make it refer to another site, I made the font inside the banner linked, but I want to make the whole banner linked.

Flash Action Script-Programming in Flash cs3 professional [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Does anybody know 1. method to creating a folder using Flash action script ? 2.Any good sites to learn Flash action script ? 3.Code to make a button in flash to browse for a image file and then to display its path? Thanks in Advance.. :)

Banner Ads [ 19 Answers ]

Hi all Just wondering what everyone's experience was with banner ads and their success. Has anyone changed one particular thing and found it made all the difference? I work at a youth social website with thousands of members and am looking to crack the American market and need to know all the...

View more questions Search