Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amanikilly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 12:39 AM
    Virtual Memory is too low
    Hey I'm low virtual memory and my max program is iexplorer.exe which turns out to be system tray and is needed. It also takes up only 48,540k.
    What do I do??
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jun 1, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Try rebooting Windows.

If you still see the dreaded "Your system is low on virtual memory" message then the first thing to do is make sure your computer is configured to allow Windows to automatically manage the virtual memory. In Windows XP, follow these steps:

# Click Start, then open the Control Panel.
    # Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
    # Click the Advanced tab.
    # Under Performance, click Settings.
    # Click the Advanced tab.
    # Under Virtual memory, click Change.
    # Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file (virtual memory) settings that you want to change. In almost every case, this will be your C: drive.
    # Click to select the "System managed size" option, then click Set.
    # Click OK three times and restart your computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not Enough Virtual Memory? [ 7 Answers ]

I have just set up a new desktop that came loaded with Vista. It has 2.0GB of Memory and 320GB Hard Drive. I loaded my old Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 from the original CD but when I try to open it I get this message: "Could not start Adobe Photoshop because the volume Windows is using for...

Low on virtual memory [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I regularly get the message that the virtual memory is too low. What is virtual memory and is there anything I can do to prevent it happening in the first place? Thanks Richard.

Virtual memory low [ 10 Answers ]

Lately I have been getting a message that the virtual memory is too low. Does anyone know what this mean and how can I solve the problem?

Virtual memory [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get more virtual memory? My computer says that I am low on virtual memory.

Low Virtual Memory [ 6 Answers ]

Guys, when I'm on the computer, once in a while I would get this message stating that I'm low on virtual memory and windows is going to increase the memory. And other times it tells me to delete some old files on my C drive to make more space, but I don't want to delete my files. The only other...

View more questions Search