Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranlas Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2009, 09:31 PM
    Is Gigabyte Motherboard Defective ?
    I have installed a Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L, an Intel E6750 Dual Core 2 CPU. GeForce 8600 GT and 3G Memory.
    The problem is that when I start the PC the CPU Fan will not work and neither will the fan connected to a System Fan Header. The four lights come on and stay on below the CPU fan header also there is no acknowledging beep.When attached to Monitor -there is no pic or noise. All connections treble checked and seem OK. Checked the memory and no change if any removed.
    Has anybody got a clue what is causing this, I have built a few PC's but nothing like this .
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 22, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Check:
    • Fans work independent of being connected to the board.
    • Fans are of the speed control variety and the function and order of the leads match board header pins.
    • Power supply.

Then:
    Do a complete rebuild from square one.

Finally, if problem persists:
    Try another board.

Might also give Gigabyte a call. According to the board's documentation, those LEDs indicate CPU loading and the board has some whiz-bang power saving features. Sounds as if board is partially on, if that's possible. *shrug*
    ranlas Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2009, 02:47 AM

A new Motherboard fixed the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delstar 1 Gigabyte mp4 player [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a Delstar 1 Gigabyte video mp3 player. I can get songs on it, but I can't get videos. The manual is too complicated for me to understand. So how do you get videos on it?

Limited or No Connectivity on Gigabyte GN-WB01GS [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is a bit of a puzzle for me, so I'll list details: 1. There signal strength is very strong. 2. I am using gigabyte software (SmartSetup 3) 3. I am using an encription key for wireless. The network is detected without problems. There is no problems with signal. Just, when it gets...

Gigabyte Motherboard? [ 25 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I've been given an old computer. It's missing quite a few parts and I was wondering if you guys could tell me what its missing exactly. Here are some pictures to help. Thanks. http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/apologisenow/DSC00065.jpg...

Am I overcharging AC or defective TXV? [ 7 Answers ]

Fired up my 5 ton Carrier AC. Low side showed 50 PSI for a couple of hours then drops to 15-20 PSI. Assume freeze-up. Defrost Today I start adding R-22 (slowly). For the longest it never went above 55 PSI. After about an hour at 55 PSI it would jump to 75 PSI & slowly descend back to 50...

Gigabyte motherboard [ 2 Answers ]

Please tell me the warranty period of gigabyte 8I845GVM-RZ :)

View more questions Search