Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suprcarp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 07:04 PM
    New ceiling fan switch not working
    During a remodel I moved light/fan switchs from one side of the door to the other. I had a double gang box with 2 single pole switchs and now have single gang with single pole double switch. I have a tried the old wiring configuration with the new single gang double switch and it blowes the breaker every time I turn one switch off. What did I do wrong?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 07:28 PM

Are you sure you wired them the same?
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

May 22, 2009, 08:05 PM

Are you sure it trips when you turn one switch off but not when you have both switches on? Hard to say what the problem is with out knowing how you wired the switch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Ceiling fans on one switch - switch won't turn on or off [ 5 Answers ]

I am more than boggled regarding our ceiling fan issues. We had an existing ceiling fan with light over our dining room table and have just installed another ceiling fan with light in our accompanying living room. There was never any lighting in our living room before now. We drilled a hole and...

Replacing ceiling switch with ceiling dimmer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi community! I'm quite OK when it comes to home electricals replacing sockets etc etc but this is an odd one. I have a bathroom ceiling switch with 2 wires coming to it (N & L). The ceiling dimmer switch seems to have 4 terminals; N & L Load and N & Live In. I'm foxed as to which way to wire...

Ceiling Fan-One switch, ceiling, 3 white, 3 black, red [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan I am replacing. There is one wall switch. In the ceiling there is 3 black wires connected together, 3 white together and a red. I didn't notice any other wires and evidently, wrongly assumed the red was a ground. I connected the fan black and blue to the ceiling black and...

Wiring ceiling fan switch and light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace the flywheel on my Hunter ceiling fan and I had to remove the light kit that was attached. After I installed the flywheel, I forgot to mark the wires for re-connection. This is an older model fan. There are five wires coming from the fan motor--brown, blue, white, black and...

Remote for Hamton Bay Ceiling Fan not working - no wall or chain switch [ 4 Answers ]

I have changed the batteries in the remote, checked to make sure the toggle switches are in the same position in the remote and on the fan, checked the electrical switches and still neither the fan nor the light will come on. Any suggestions on what to do next before just replacing the remote?

View more questions Search