Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dufushipster Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 05:46 PM
    onmouseover message on status bar
    I'm trying a simple exercise in javascript that's supposed to make the phrase "Dangerous color" appear in the status bar when I onmouseover the "Link," but instead, the phrase "Dangerous color" changes to "file:////C:dave/Other/Computer/somelink.html" (which is the file name where I have this simple program saved) when I onmouseover the "Link." Do I have a computer virus doing this or is it actually doing what I'm telling it to do?

Program:
    <A HREF="somelink.html" onmouseover="document.bgColor='#FF0000';window.sta tus='Dangerous color'" onmouseout="document.bgColor='#FFFFEE'">Link</A>

Again, when I put my mouse over the word "Link," the phrase phrase in the status bar changes from "Dangerous color" to "file:////C:dave/Other/Computer/somelink.html". How do I get the phrase "Dangerous color" to appear on the status bar when I onmouseover "Link," and then disappear when I onmouseout the "Link"?

And by the way, did I post a javascript question in the right place?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 07:35 PM

Hi,
    I believe that the correct item to use is window.defaultStatus according to the HTML DOM.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer status bar shows "waiting for." message, page doesn't load [ 9 Answers ]

This has been happening for some time, it seems to fix itself but it pops up just when I need to find something on the web, for example. Basically, I start my Internet Explorer, it shows in the address bar my homepage, and my status bar immediately show up the "waiting for" message.sometimes, it...

Who can know about visiting canada with B1, B2 status can be chnged in to F1 status? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is planning to visit Canada in Tourist visa, Could he study there in 10 weeks English intensive course or French language course immediately after entering Canada?Then after , can he study in University ?

Onmouseover w/flash video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get my flash video to start with an onmouseover event?

What Status should I file tax since my status changed from F1 to H1 from Oct 23 2006! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following questions about filing for taxes for the yr 2006. 1. Since my visa status changed from F1 to H1 on oct 23rd 2006, what status should I file the taxes as & which form should I use? Till now I have used 1040nr ez! FYI : I am frm India, I have not left US from...

View more questions Search