Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carmac Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Trying to get my SSI money in my Credit Card
    I'm 18 years old and I'm about to be 19 soon and my aunt have my SSI money and since I have my credit card now I would like to know if I can get the SSI money on my own but she don't want to go with me and put it in my credit card. She have my SSI money going directly to her credit card and I'm trying to put it in my credit card can I go to the SS building and just tell them that I have not been seeing my money and when I ask for it I get it late. And I want my money to go to my credit card and that I can manage my own money. NEED help thanks. One more thing my father want to go with me so if their can't give it to me can he have it under his name and they can give it to me directly to my credit card? And my aunt not going its just going to be me and him going.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 01:20 PM

It depends on what age they consider you to be dependent and things like that. If you have mental issues or things that the SS determined you are to be under your aunt's care.
    It doesn't hurt to contact them and ask them procedure for switching to your account.

Benefits for People with Disabilities

May 22, 2009, 01:36 PM

Can I just go to the SS building without a pointment and just tell them that. And ask if their can send my money to my Credit Card
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 03:24 PM

You can go to their offices anytime they are open. You do not need an appointment to speak with someone there. They will tell you what you can and cannot do and who you have to bring with you the next time you visit to complete the process you wish to have done.

May 31, 2009, 10:53 AM

Thank you very much. The problem is that all the time I tell her to give me the money so I can get something she make a big problem over nothing because the money is not her's. So I'm telling her to give me my money and she don't want to. But I'm going to the SS Building to she what they say thanks a lot, and one more thing when I go up their I need to get a hearing ticket I believe because its like a machine in the 3 floor and it ask you why are you coming her for and you have to pick a Category that's example the reason you coming her for. And my Father coming with me he's very upset about this so you think that if they can't do the direct deposit right there because my aunt not there my father can like take it from her and put his name under it but he lets them put my check directly to my bank account ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 31, 2009, 10:57 AM

Why has your aunt been in control of this so far? Why not your father?

May 31, 2009, 11:01 AM

Because of my mother because my mother had it but then my aunt took it and I don't know why. And my father always tell my mom to take it away from her and give it to me and nobody don't listen. And my Aunt is like the crazy one in the family so I don't know if people are scared of her but I'm not. And my father don't leave with me since like 9 or 10 years I just start telling him what's happen with my money.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 31, 2009, 11:06 AM

Explain this to the SS office. Since you are 18, I would think you would have rights regarding that money.

May 31, 2009, 11:06 AM

I will thank you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 31, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Do you know how much money you get each month? Is that money going for your care, clothing, food, video games, etc.

If not, what does your aunt do with this money?

Jun 2, 2009, 12:34 PM

I think I get like $674 I don't know because I was getting only like $214 a month but now they switch it to $674 I think but I don't really know I'm going tomorrow to the SS Building with my father. But I'm going to see Tomorrow if I can get it or what ( I'm going with my Father ) and tell them that every time I ask for it it's a big problem and I want to get my SSI money on my own. Thanks to you guys and girls for helping me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 12:50 PM

Let us know what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Credit card money judgement [ 2 Answers ]

What can happen if you get a money judgement for a credit card from a lawyer

Problems in not paying a Corporate credit card and also a personal credit card [ 1 Answers ]

1. We are the main share holders in a "S" corp. The corporation is not longer doing business but have an outstanding credit card balance. We are making the mim payments but will not be able any longer. What can be done to us if we stop paying. 2. We also used a personal credit card for this...

Credit card debt vs 401k money [ 3 Answers ]

I have a particular problem and not sure how to handle it. I was let go from my company and am presently waiting for a hearing for unemployment compensation so I have no income coming in. I do not have this months mortgage payment coming due July 1st and I have really good credit and did not want...

How can I cash out excess money I paid on my credit card [ 2 Answers ]

I like to keep a zero balance on my credit cards thus pay off the amount in full. I recently had some refunds on items purchased so my credit balance is negative. If I take a cash withdrawal on the credit card -- will they still charge a fee? I want to cash out the money since I want to close the...

View more questions Search