Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsking Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 10:22 AM
    TRYING to get Pregnant
    Okay, My husband and I have been together for 3 1/2 years, married 2 yr feb 07. I am 20 yrs old and he is 21. He doesn't really care if we have one right now, but he doesn't mind if we waited but I really want to be a mom. I had a csyt on my left ovary when I was 17. But everything checked out okay. I usually have normal to heavy periods and I started mine when I was 12 yrs. I am never late I'm always 28 days I have only been late once that was in may of this year. I wasn't pregnant. But I just can't seem to get pregnant, unless its not my time I don't know why I don't really stress on it until its time for my period. My husband wears boxers, he isn't around heat, and I'm pretty sure everything is all right with him. I don't know what to do?? Any advice Im all earsssss...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 2, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Welcome Mrsking from my transplanted state of TN. I grew up spending some summers at Tunnel Park over near you!! I grew up in Grand Rapids. Small World.

Anyway, on to the subject at hand. As the two of you are rather young, it may be in your best interest to wait until your husband is really ready for kids. It is so easy for the guy to walk out if there is any trouble. And believe me, with kids there will be. I have been there done that with 4 kids (only 2 hubbies though).

That said, I am assuming you are not on any form of birth control. Have you ever been? If so, what kind and how long have you been off?

Okay, here goes... You need to find out when you are ovulating. This should be around 11 - 14 days after the first day of your last menstrual period. This will be your most fertile day. We are only fertile for about 24 hours and if you take 6 hours into account that leaves 18 hours per month that we have the possibility of getting pregnant. Our egg only lives for 24 hours after ovulation.

Next, do not have sex every day. That lowers the sperm count. Every other day is the most beneficial.

Understand that our eggs only last for 24 hours, but sperm can live in our bodies for up to 4 days.

I hope this helps.

Oct 2, 2006, 12:11 PM
    We are young, the only reason he isn't quite ready is because we are moving to N.C. and he doesn't want to have any more stress and I'm okay with that. I just makes me worry because over 4 years and still I haven't gotten pregnant, not like we were trying then. I was on birth control when I was 18 from June of 04 to jan of 05 but I stopped when my moms insurance ran for me. So its been a long time and my periods are regular. I was put on birth control to shrink my cyst. When I stopped using the othro evra patch my periods where not as heavy , but hurt about the same, I know that you ovulate about 2 weeks after you start you period, that was sept 2 and I would have ovulated around the 14 - 17 and we don't have sex every day ,more like ever 2 - 3days then sometimes in a row but is verys. But that weekend we did. And my period should have been here on the 29th and I spoted on the 1 and today I'm on it so it was two days late which isn't normal for me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 2, 2006, 12:23 PM
    Since you are just 20 I believe it is a hormonal reason why this is happening. Your hormones do not even out until about 25 years old. It could be the stress of possibly moving also.

I agree you should wait until you move and get all settled in. The stress level will be lower and getting pregnant will be much easier with less stress.

Also, stress will mess up your cycle. So take all that into consideration.

Oct 2, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Thanks you've been a lot of help, and my mom has been trying to tell me the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't get pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hey... well I'm about to be 18... :D I've been trying to get pregnant for 5 months and for some reason I just cant, it's so weird I don't want to lie me and my boyfriend never use protection and we do it almost everyday... :confused: Im so scared, what if there's something wrong with me?. :mad: ...

Am I pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: I have been taking the pill since I was sixteen and my period always has been regular. I am about to be 28. In October I stopped taking the pill. My period was still regular just a week earlier. In December I had unprotected sex a few times. In January my period came but I only...

Am I pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have taken the birth control pill since I was sixteen. I am now 27. I have always had regular periods. I quit taking the birth control pill in October. My periods continued to be regular though. In the month of January I bled slightly but by no means was it what I had been...

Pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Am I pregnant? :confused:

View more questions Search