Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamikiopruitt Posts: 12, Reputation: -4

Oct 2, 2006, 09:51 AM
    The depo birthcontrol shot
    I've been on the depo shot for six months and I was suppose to go back sept 29,2006 for my third shot but I did not go on the 29th when my shot was due I had cramps in my lower stomach area and I was bleeding but not heavy I'm I trying to start my periode so soon or what.:eek:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 2, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Did you ever get a period while on depo?

It sounds as though you are getting a period.
    Lyndsy Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Oct 24, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tamikiopruitt
    ive been on the depo shot for six months and i was suppose to go back sept 29,2006 for my third shot but i did not go on the 29th when my shot was due i had cramps in my lower stomach area and i was bleeding but not heavy im i trying to start my periode so soon or what.:eek:
    I had the same problem, only I didn't get the needle properly. You are starting your period over again becauce the date they give you is the final week you can get it. That is why they tell you, you can go in up to a week early if you want. Now, my personal advice is to see your doctor and get another birth control method right away. I wasn't sure what was going on and I bleed for a month straight and had really bad cramps. Just try the pill for a few months until your period is on track again then go back to the needle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

Depo shot & missed periods [ 19 Answers ]

I was on depo for over a year. I had my last shot in October 2005 & never returned for another because after going to the dr. for tonsillitis he informed that the depo shot was the reason I had been gaining weight so quickly & my sex drive was completely gone. That having been said I have been...

Depo [ 5 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for 6 months and missed my last shot. Its been a month and I still haven't gotten my period.How long until I get my period again? Should I be taking a pregnancy test?

Depo Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the Depo shot for a little over a year. I was put on it to try and stop abnormal bleeding. I have recently read on many sites that you should not even take depo if you have unknown bleeding. anyways, i always had abnormal periods and when i was on the shot i didnt get my period at all. ...

View more questions Search