Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indianajosh2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Clean & retrive files from hard disk
    I am going to buy new computer.how do I retrive hard disk files from my old computer and put it back to new computer?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2006, 06:27 AM
    You could burn them to a CD/DVD. Move them on a memory stick. Slave the old hard drive to the new computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formatting the Hard disk [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a harddisk of 80GB pre installed with Win98 SE. The hard disk is not partitioned and the entire disk is being used as a whole. I would like to create the partitions for the harddisk of 8GB each. But I heard that the standard FDisk option would not be suitable to format...

100% CPU usage due to a new hard disk,please help me [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a new hard disk in my notebook as my older one got a failure.There is windows xp professional in the new one.The dilemma is that it is taking too much time to get started,almost 15 minutes.And also,after getting started,my notebook is working very slowly.Task manager is showing 100% CPU...

Hard Disk - Bad Clusters [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I was getting physical problem in my hard disk C: drive, on scanning I got 11 bad clusters , also it was mentioned that from now onwards these bad clusters will not be used for data storage . Now I want to upgrade to WIN XP from 98 , so please tell me what should I do for that, and...

Windows 98 and 120 gig hard disk? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using Windows98se and want to get a 120 gig hard disk. Can anyone tell me what is the maximum size partition I can use with Windows 98se. I've heard that with large hard disks NTFS format is better/more effeicient. Is this so? And how much difference would it make. I'd rather not have to go to...

Choosing Hard Disk [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am planning to buy a new hard disk, but I don't have much knowledge in this field. I would like to ask your opinion on choosing the best hard disk. I have take a look on the quatation of this particular computer store in my area. There are two choice that in my mind 1. 40GB Maxtor ATA...

View more questions Search