Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purplestar Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2009, 09:31 PM
    Losing hair
    Everyday when I comb or wash my hair I see that I lose a lot of hair, more than normal (I think). My hair used to be very thick and now I have less hair. I have been growing it out for years now and it has also gotten very dry and a little brittle and I have a lot of split ends. What can I do? I tried different products and they don't help at all. My hair gets very tangled and matter if I don't comb it for just 1 day. It wasn't like this before. :(
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 09:37 PM

Split ends tend to cause hair to tangle more easily. The first thing I'd suggest is seeing a professional for a trim. That way you'll cut the damaged hair off and only be working with the healthy hair left.

Take a look at your haircare routine- how often do you use heat styling? What type of products do you use? Have you had/ How often do you chemically treat your hair?

All of these affect the health and condition of your hair.
    purplestar Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2009, 09:49 PM
    I don't use anything. I just wash my hair with regular shampoo and conditioner and let it air dry sometimes I use a leave in conditioner but that doesn't help much.:(
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 22, 2009, 03:06 AM

Try taking a multi-vitamin. It helped me when I started losing more hair than normal
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by purplestar View Post
    I don't use anything. I just wash my hair with regular shampoo and conditioner and let it air dry sometimes I use a leave in conditioner but that doesn't help much.:(
    Well I think the best place to start is a trim. Then work on the inside first; focus on a healthy diet. As holly suggested, a multi-vitamin may help you.

Have your water tested because you may have hard water. When you go in for your trim, ask the stylist to recommend a shampoo/conditioner. It could be that your hair is no longer responding to the type you've been using. Too much protein can cause breakage as well. I experienced this before. We're told "protein conditioners are great" but too much can backfire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is losing a lot of hair [ 6 Answers ]

Over the past couple of days my cat who is almost 2 is losing her hair. It's mostly on her head and a spot near her tail. It doesn't seem to hurt her to touch it but she seems to be grooming a lot. She hasn't changed her behavior.She isn't acting sick either. She did this once before when I...

I am 21.and Losing my hair?/ [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and my hair is coming out horribly, every single time that I run my hands through it six to seven strands are coming out. I stopped blow drying it... I stopped straightening it and I only wash it every three days. Its hurts to pull up in a ponytail, and I constantly feel like I am...

I'm 20 and losing my hair HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm only 20 and I'm losing my hair. I really don't know what to do can someone please help me?? :confused:

My Cat is losing her hair [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has been itching an awful lot and is losing chuncks of hair on her neck, she has several sores now with scabs due to itching so much, what could be causing this?

Cat losing her hair [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am having a problem with my female cat losing her hair.She is an indoor cat only and does not have fleas.nothing in her life changes as we are very stable .is this a nervous thing ? I just don't know what it is .

View more questions Search