Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

May 21, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Innocense vs. experienced
    I have a question about someone whom I know and I'm trying to understand the person's pychology.

The person loves "innocent" people - (or people who don't have a lot of experience, and who seem very innocent) even though this person is someone who's experiened in many things - relationships, drugs, etc etc - basically someone who's led a wild life.

So I'm trying to understand the psychology behind that - why do some people who are very expeirenced and who have a little bit of a bad boy or bad girl in them like the innocents/ nerds etc?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2009, 05:49 PM

Perhaps they think they can control them better
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

May 21, 2009, 05:54 PM

Maybe they know what kind of person they don't want to be with, i.e. nobody like themselves
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

May 21, 2009, 06:07 PM

Maybe they don't know what the hell they want. They're all over the place with their life and I'm sure they've had their fair share of bad boys/girls.

Even the bad ones know when they can spot trouble. Maybe picking the "innocent" ones gives them a sense of control and safety.
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

May 21, 2009, 06:28 PM

Yes, that's what I figured. Because they can control them better. It makes a lot of sense.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 21, 2009, 08:06 PM

It's not that we act mean, it's that we learn to stand strong and not let the other person walk all over us.

If one of the two people in a relationship is much weaker than the other, it's going to be a very one-sided relationship.
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

May 21, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Perhaps he is looking for someone to protect, instead of use. I know that personally, I have made... well... a lot of mistakes in my life. But the only way to learn from a mistake is to make it, and sometimes those are our greatest lessons.

Perhaps he is seeking someone that he can share his knowledge with, though unfortunately he may be setting himself up for more heartbreak; people usually need to actually make the mistakes before they truly understand the lessons to be learned from them.

Or perhaps I'm totally wrong and he wants to manipulate the innocent person more easily. It's certainly possible ;)

~ Tee
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 05:47 AM

This is where I may get roasted, but maybe a bad person picks a "nerd" because they feel a sense of security. Everyone has insecurities, dating someone who is "pure" can sometimes add a safety net, you feel much more comfortable because you think there's a greater chance they won't cheat on you or leave you because they think you are on a higher league of their own(this coming straight from a friend of mine who does this)

It's sort of like that saying "once bitten, twice as shy"
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 08:17 AM
    I must say I love this question... really!

I know quite a lot of 'bad' boys and girls and I think it might varry a lot from person to person. (hehe and yup this is where I come in with an anecdote ;)) One of my best friends always look and seem as if she is very shy and innocent and she gets a lot of attention from certain types of people. The last two wanted her because (well she's amazingly gorgeous) but they also thought that she was the type of person that can be easily controlled...

But I do think that some see it as a safety net.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 08:46 AM

As has been said,perhaps they feel they can have the upper hand with someone less experienced.

On another note ,could be they have reformed and know what they don't want in a partner.

As in someone like they used to be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

More experienced [ 16 Answers ]

Going to take it further with the person I like He is a lot more experienced than me Will he find this a problem I feel more self conscious now lol :/ X

Anyone experienced this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My last period was 25th April. I bled for a day in may 8 days past my period due date. And I have been getting some symptoms of pregnancy. The thing is though I did a test and its negative so I will need to wait until my next period to test. But me and my boyfriend were having sex tonight and...

Has any one ever experienced this? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 1 week past ovulation and I am experiencing some nausea and also I have got and yeast infection (sorry to be so blunt). I have never had one before and I just wonder if that could be a sign of pregnancy or if any one has ever had this happen to them.

View more questions Search