Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley m davis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 02:50 PM
    Off depo for 5 months still no period want to get pregnant
    My names Ashley Davis. My gynocologist put me on the depo shot after my son was born in September of 2007. After a month or so of being on the shot my periods disappeared all together. About 6 months ago my husband and I decided I should get off the shot because we understood it could take some time to get pregnant afterward. It has been six months since I had my last shot and I still have no period. I feel awful and bloated like I need to have one but I haven't even spotted. Is there any way I can move the process along a bit and maybe go get on birth control pills to regulate my period and then go off them and try to get pregnant or should I just wait for the shot to leave my system?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 21, 2009, 03:04 PM
    You need to let it wait. When giving the shot to my patients I always tell them that this is to be considered long term contraception. It can take up to 18 months or more after discontinuing the shot to become pregnant. Since you have been on almost 2 years, it will take a while for your periods to return. Just let nature take it's course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Off the depo for 3 months -what are the chances of getting pregnant once off [ 7 Answers ]

I have been off the depo since Sept-07. I haven't had a period at all... but what I was wondering.. I was on it for 4 years and now I might be pregnant... I will take a test tonight. But is it harder to get pregnant after being on the depo for so long? What an idiot I am... :)

No period for 2 months and not pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am getting a little worried I have not had a period for 2 months and have done 3 pregnancy test and all came back negative. I am always been regular. I have notice I haven't had interest in wanting sex. What's going on with me please help me to ease my mind. I called the doctor office and...

Could I be pregnant 2 months after getting off the depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

I got my last depo shot in feb. 07 and didn't return for my May shot because the entire year that I was on the depo I bleed I got a period in June lasted 5 days and I had no regular bleeding for a couple days. The bleeding returned for about 2-3 weeks and stopped a week before I was suppose to get...

Can you be pregnant on depo provera? Missed period 1st shot [ 3 Answers ]

Can u get preganat while being on depo provera even if u only received 1 shot And missed a period a whole month ?

I have not had a period in almost three months but I am on the depo shot, what's wrong [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on the depo shot for almost 5 years now and I have always had irregular periods every month but now I haven't had an period in three months. I've been feeling really tired lately and moody. I only feel nauseated when I have not ate anything. I have lower back aches and on some days I...

View more questions Search