Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weezysnowru464 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Past history/weapons charge
    OK so... 2007 my boyfriend was picked up and charged with a possession of a deadly weapon aggrevated assult causing bodily harm and he did 2 years and 8 months and was realeased in February of this year. Now just the other day he was in a parking lot in front of a store and a cop pulled up behind him and searched the car and found weed.then my boyfriend was totally honest and told him were the rest of the weed was in the car it was only like 2 grams... then when the cop asked him if he had anything else that he should know about he told him that he had a pair of brass knuckles!. he got arrested but now locked up they issued him a summons well two possession of cds his first drug charge ever and possession of a weapon. He just went to court today and they told him he will be needing to get a lawyer cause its being pushed up to superior court. Now this is my question... because of his rap sheet and he was just released from prison this year only four months ago do you think hell go back to jail?. :confused::confused::confused: I mean like do you think if I get him a realli good lawyer that its possible he might only be fined put of probation wats your advise what do you think will happened to him? :( I just need to know as soon as possible.. were in New Jersey so the laws are a little diff out here thanks
    weezysnowru464 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 12:22 PM

Sorry they didn't lick him up I meant to say not locked up lol
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

May 21, 2009, 01:23 PM

The weed isn't that serious,the brass knuckles can be more serious b.c of the previous charge.Is the brass knuckles a felony.A good lawyer can arrange the best deal and maybe lower both to a misdeamanor. If they push for jail, a good lawyer can avoid it or get the smallest amt.Is your boyfriend done w. probation or parole?If not then that can be a huge problem.

No matter what your record is,hiring the best lawyer you can afford is always the best thing to do.I would if I was facing those charges.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 01:45 PM

Hello w:

If it happened exactly as you say, then the search may have been illegal and all the evidence can be thrown out.

A PD could do that, if they could. A private attorney could do it better. Or, it might not be able to be done at all. The devil is in the details.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History,past and deaths of my home. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My name is Christian. I moved my family and I to Stony point N.Y. from orlando. While living in our home in which we share with my older brothers family. We have been, well mostly me. Been experiancing weird and strange thing's. I often feel like someone is around me,when I know I'm...

The history of America's past time [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need help on writing a research paper on why Baseball is America's past time, and also explain its history. I love baseball to death.. I could write about players and teams for days but what I need to talk about in my paper is why it is America's past time, the history of the game, etc.....

Adoption with past criminal history [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the process of adopting an infant. 15 years ago I was arrested of a felony for shop lifting. The charge was removed and there is no current criminal record on file. Myself and multiple employes have checked, so I know this to be true. Will the FBI criminal background check...

Getting out of prison and being charge wit past crime [ 1 Answers ]

I went to prison for 8mos. And when got release 4 mo. Later they charged me with a crime that happen over a year ago . Should I be able to get that thowed out.

View more questions Search