Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redwrangler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Trouble w/ 2HP Briggs and Stratton Lawn Chief tiller
    It will start and run but when you go to till it boggs down and quits. There is no float bowl on carb. It has an automatic choke and only one adjustment screw. Any info on how to adjust carb would be helpful.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 08:51 AM

Bogging down usually isn't an adjustment.

First place I'd look is at the governor. Make sure it easily moves. Spray with carb cleaner.

The carb is a possibility. Usually caused by gas stored in it. The fuel inlet valve gets stuck. You might try to rebuild it.

When you do rebuild it, count the turns of the screw until it bottoms. Probably 1.5 or so and use that as your initial adjustment.

You could try some Seafoam. Motor Treatment - Sea Foam

Make sure you use a fuel system additive like Stabil and remove the fuel before storage.

Your tiller may have a diagram on Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com

If the engine is briggs, it will have a model and type number stamped on the blower housing. Check Home - Briggs & Stratton for a diagram.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older Craftsman Tiller w/5hp Briggs and Stratton [ 11 Answers ]

I recently acquired an old tiller that I have gotten to run. It will only run on full choke. It will only till for about a minute or so before going dead. It will idle for a long period, but it's kind of a rough idle. Do I need to adjust the carberator? I have already changed out the gas and...

Briggs and stratton lawn mower trouble [ 1 Answers ]

My mower runs but after cutting grass for a minute the mower chokes down and runs like it's trying to cut off and catch up some smoke comes out by and around and through the muffler then cuts off. When I goes and pull the rope to try and start it back some gas sprays out of the exhust muffler on...

Briggs and Stratton Front tine tiller [ 4 Answers ]

What is the proper crankcase oil level for a Briggs and Stratton 5.0 horsepower 4 cycle. I bought used one that didn't have a user manual. I filled crankcase to bottom of threaded fill plug and when running oil ran out of air filter. Any information will help

Lawn Chief Green Thumb Dub-L-Tines Tiller [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for drive cables, Tines Cable, etc. for this tiller. Green Thumb Dub-L-Tines, Model GT5R-F, Service No. 521781 Made by Lawn Chief MFG Co. Probably willl need a service manual if possible. Please help. Bill

View more questions Search