Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newstart99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 07:47 AM
    Felon travelling from USA to UK
    What would be the rules/considerations for a convicted felon to travel from the USA to UK? I've read varying answers on the internet, I read somewhere that if the crime is considered "spent" it wouldn't count, it has been 20 years since committing a felony so would that make any difference?
    Is the ability to travel likely? Anyway around it?
    Thanks
    newstart99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 08:12 AM

Anyone?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 08:22 AM

Hello new:

I'll give it a shot. The only place that I KNOW you'll have trouble with, is Canada. Three years ago I traveled to Europe and had no trouble. No mention was ever made regarding my felonies... Lots of things have changed since them, in terms of terrorism, but I don't think any of that negatively effects felons.

It's true, I didn't go to every country and they're all different.. But, once you get in the EU, I don't think you're checked between the countries...

I also just came back from Mexico. I'm convinced that American customs see's NOTHING on their computers about my criminal record... Had they seen it, they absolutely would have stripped my car down to bare metal. Instead they smiled, and waved me through.

What I would do, if I was you, is just go. Certainly if you inform them in advance of your arrival, the bureaucrat who reviews your request for entry has NO upside for granting it.

I know, I didn't help much...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant felon living with another felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a felon live with another felon if his girlfriend is pregnant with his kid!! Her felony is 4 years old!!

Travelling alone! [ 3 Answers ]

Just after Christmas I am travelling from Australia to Europe alone (I am 16 years old). Although I have travelled that distance before it has never been without my parents. I am fine with the flight itself and being away from home but I am rather worried about the stopover(s). I am scared that...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Travelling on OPT [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I am going to complete my studies in Dec.-2008.. And, after that I want to go to India.. and also want to return to USA.. So what should I need to do.. Is it possile to return on OPT? IF yes, then when should I apply for OPT.. Can I travel with new I-20 for other course as I'll be...

Passports for travelling [ 2 Answers ]

I am a Canadian travelling from an US airport to FLorida. DO I need a passport ?

View more questions Search