Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

May 21, 2009, 07:25 AM
    2012 Hoax
    Was just wondering peoples views on 2012,supposedly the end of the world. What are your thoughts on this?

A lot of people (particularly children) are really scared witless that the world will end in 2012. This I believe is a hoax.

Nostradamus 2012

I believe we are coming to the 5th dimension and heading towards a spiritual evolution,a change in consciousness.

What are your thoughts?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

May 26, 2009, 10:34 AM

I believe this question has been addresses in other places on this board in the past.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

May 26, 2009, 11:27 AM

Right, although I haven't found it anywhere.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 01:07 PM

I've never heard a well known scholar that has interpreted a Nostradamus prediction to infer that the world will end in 2012, in fact most people who study his work think he was indicating the world would end in 3786 or 3797

This is the same as with 1994, 1998 and 2000 (all 3 are dates that people said his predictions indicated would be the end of the world)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 01:40 PM

I just watched some show about the Nostradamus lost book on the History channel. It was him Predicting the 12/21/2012. From what I got from the show is basically we are on a path and by that date we are going to have choose basically going the way we have been going (which they painted as gloom and doom). Or choose a different path and change to have a better society. I don't know what to think. I'll let you know on 12/22/2012 (if we are still here)
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

May 28, 2009, 05:00 PM

Spiritcharms, a long standing discussion on this point is now in the Astronomy section.
    UrTeddyBear Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Jun 5, 2009, 01:14 AM
    The reason everybody is talking about 12.21.12 is because that is the winter solstace that the mayan calendar runs out on. The reason it is such a stink is because they have been decently accurate with their calendars predictions down through the years. And that's where they just stopped time basically. Somehow they knew that it was some kind of celestial anniversary come to find out our sun will be perfectly aligned with a sort of "equator" if you will of the galaxy an event that hasn't happened in about 26000 years.

However as I do enjoy a bit of conspiracy theory I like to play a little game called combine the dooms of the earth.. so lets throw a little christian theology here... rumor has it that we are in the end of days and that all the bible final prophecies have been fulfilled that are required for the second coming of christ now if that is true we should be seeing things like tsunamis and wars and rumors of wars. (matthew 24 6-7) So if all of this is true and we are approaching the end of times keep an eye on Obama because if this is all true then more than likely he is the Antichrist which again doom of the earth game.. according to the bible the antichrist will rule througha 7 year tribulation period in the beginning of which he will be well like around the world and about half way through he will pretty much do a 180 and just start being all devily and evil... Obama was elected in Nov 08 and was inaugurated jan 09... 12.21.12 that's almost 3 years to the date of his" rise to power" if you will. Not saying that any of this is true but to be perfectly honest I'm seriously considering taking this plot and turning it into a serious conspiracy theory book..
    nicole.m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 01:52 AM
    Well I'm not sure what to believe because they isn't like a reason for the world to end, but then the world could end, so it is scary and we should just wait and see if it does happen!! 1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Www.skinbleaching.net IS HOAX [ 14 Answers ]

Hi All, This is not a question about skin lightening. I just want to do everybody a favor by letting you know about a business called skinbleaching.net. I am sure many of you have come across this site when you researched on skin lightening products. They sure sound good BUT they will take your...

How can atheism be a hoax? [ 26 Answers ]

In the now closed topic "Religion all a hoax?" someone unimportant posted : "The real hoax is atheism". Talk about a non-argument !!! Let's see the real meaning of the word Atheism : Atheism A Theism A = without or no

Religion all a hoax? [ 27 Answers ]

Somebody once told me christianity was "invented" to rival pagan holidays such as Easter -pagan fertility celebration (explains why we get eggs at this time of year and not crucifixes.. Also explains the easter bunny, we all know what rabbits are famed for) Does anyone know what I'm talking about?...

Hoax or not? [ 4 Answers ]

The email stating that if you get an email titled: "You've received a Post Card" that it is a new virus. Is it true or not?

View more questions Search