Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Skin peeling
    Hi guys, what do you do when your skin starts to get dry and ready to peel or becomes flaky while using skin lighteners?
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

May 23, 2009, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tryin2lighten View Post
    hi guys, what do you do when your skin starts to get dry and ready to peel or becomes flaky while using skin lighteners?
    Perhaps a little moisturizer could help.
    Right now I'm using Retin A and I'm a bit dry and flaky which is perfectly fine with me since I do have combination skin.

As far as the flaking, when I wash my face with warm water in the shower I rub it gently in a circular motion and the flakes are coming off.

My skin has never become dry and flaky when using a skin lightener.
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Perhaps a little moisturizer could help.
    Right now I'm using Retin A and I'm a bit dry and flaky which is perfectly fine with me since I do have combination skin.

As far as the flaking, when I wash my face with warm water in the shower I rub it gently in a circular motion and the flakes are comming off.

My skin has never become dry and flaky when using a skin lightener.
    Thanks Nikki, I started using Retin A and it started to peel my skin too, but I have dry skin.

May 24, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tryin2lighten View Post
    Thanks Nikki, i started using Retin A and it started to peel my skin too, but i have dry skin.
    Your welcome.:)
    I use Retin A in gel form, which is more drying, the cream has more moisture I've read.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 10:48 AM

That its weird, I never knew retin A was a skin lightener? My dermatologiest prescribed it to me for acne...

Jun 29, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    that its weird, i never knew retin A was a skin lightener? my dermatologiest prescribed it to me for acne...
    There are certain products that are not specifically made for skin lightening
    But they do brighten up the skin and retin A is one of them.

It definitely speeds things up for sure and my skin is smooooth!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Okay, my skin is peeling and looking a little red [ 6 Answers ]

I've been using Obagi with Retin-a for several weeks and I am starting to peel and my skin tone looks red. Is this normal? Will it go away or should I stop using it?

Gahh peeling skin [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there, umm I have a farmers tan from sports and iveh ad it for about a year. Ive played rugby and football out in the burning sun and I never burn.. I tan. Well this summer I've stopped playing and haven't been in the sun to long. Now the top of my hand is peeling like mad and all rough skin....

Peeling skin [ 2 Answers ]

How do you keep your skin from peeling after tanning?

Peeling skin, dog [ 5 Answers ]

My dog's skin has begun peeling all over his back. Huge pieces are falling off. It is not red, don't seem to be itchy or sensitive. It's just keep's coming off in huge amounts, doesn't really seem to be dry skin. It does seem to start in circular patches, I am so confused. Any ideas?

View more questions Search