Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamidakhtar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 01:09 AM
    Rafa yadain
    Dear brother Zakir Naik
    Assalamualaikum (w.R)

Please tell me that, is Rafa yadain in salah prohibited by prophet Muhammad (S.A W) in Sahih MUslim or in any where ? Is it right that we should always do rafa yadain in salah?
    Is it right that without rafa yadain salah is not acceptable by allah? Is it right that we should offer prayer in both ways ; with and without rafa yadain? What is the reality about rafa yadain ?what is the superior method of offering prayer? Write in detail
    Really I will be very thankful to u
    Assalamualaikum
    KhanSuleman Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2010, 07:40 AM
    Walaykum Salam.
    Rafa yadain is prohibited in salah by prophet Muhammad sws. Its mentionned in Sahih Bukhari, in Sahih Muslim, Sunan Abou Dawood,.
    Its mentionned in Sahih Bukhari kitabul Adhan, Hadiths number 736.
    Salam
    bridenmessi Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2011, 06:28 PM
    Salam u Alaikum,
    Please clearly mention where rafa yadin is prohibited. You have to mention with references numbers.
    Waiting for your response.

Thanks !
    KhanSuleman Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Sorry brother I wanted to say that it is not prohibited, and it is mention in Sahih Bukhari kitabul Adhan, Hadiths number 736.
    Salam
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Wa `aleikumus-Salaam
    http://www.qss.org/articles/salah/toc.html

Mar 18, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Comment on bridenmessi's post
    Wa `aleikumus-Salaam. Thanks for the comment, so he noticed the mistake. Alhamdu Lillaah.

Mar 18, 2011, 05:21 PM
    Comment on KhanSuleman's post
    And we don`t say "not prohibited" in sha Allaah from acts of worship, but from foods, drinks, other deeds etc. Acts of worship are either "ordained", or then they are always prohibited.
    mohtashims Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 06:57 AM
    You should not do Rafa yadain . For proof see 41 hadees [http://books.themajlis.net/node/99] the two links at the bottom. However, if you follow Shafa'i, Maliki or Humbli Mazhab they permit doing Rafa yadain. So, you cannot say either of them incorrect and book of hadees contains both references.
    hammad1235 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 04:55 PM
    In addition to raising one's hands in prayer when pronouncing Takbir al-Ihraam (the first Takbir), it is Mustahab (i.e. a recommended act) to raise one's hands at three other times during Salaah (the Muslim prayer): (I) just before bowing in Rukoo', (ii) when rising from Rukoo' and (iii) when standing up after the first Tashahhud. The reports of raising of the hands are 'mutawaatir', which means they are reported by so many narrators to so many that it is inconceivable that they could all have agreed on a lie.

Narrations:

Whenever Ibn 'Umar started the prayer with Takbir, he used to raise his hands: whenever he bowed, he used to raise his hands (before bowing) and he also used to raise his hands on saying, "Sami a-l-lahu Liman hamida", and he used to do the same on rising from the second Rak'a (for the 3rd Rak'a). Ibn 'Umar said: "The Prophet used to do the same." [Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol.1 Hadith No.739]

Imam al-Bukhari (may Allah have mercy on him) wrote a separate book on this issue, which he called 'Juz' fi Raf' al-Yadayn' (Section on Raising the Hands), in which he proved that the hands should be raised at these points in the prayer.

Raising the hands in prayer was a well-known practice amongst the companions of the Prophet (pbuh). Imam al-Bukhari said: “Al-Hasan and Humayd ibn Hilaal said: 'The Companions of the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) all used to raise their hands, without exception.” [Juz' raf' al-yadayn, page 26].

There are no less than four Ahadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and six in Sahih Muslim with respect to raising the hands before and after Rukoo' (bowing), besides several other authentic traditions in other Ahadith compilations.

The traditions of not raising hands at these instances are classified as da'eef (weak) by the scholars of Hadith. It is important for us to remind ourselves that once the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) becomes clear to a person, it is not permissible for him/her to ignore it in favour of the opinion of anyone, since we all are Ummatis and followers of the Prophet (pbuh).

Hence, a Muslim should not fail to raise his hands at the points in prayer described in the Sunnah. Every Muslim should strive to make his prayer like the prayer of the Prophet (pbuh) who said, “Pray as you have seen me praying.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol.1 Hadith No.631].
    And Allah knows the best.

Jul 24, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Raising hand is surely not a lie but the prophet may I performed both i.e. raising and not raising the hands.

Thus, we see ahadees stating both actions.

Now, the sunnah is to follow the later action.

According to Tafseer of Sahabi Abdullah ibn Abbas r.z he say that the prophet stopped rafayada'n later in his life. Check Sura Mominoon Aaayat verse no.2.

Check this...

Why / When did the prophet s.a.w leave rafayadain ? [Archive] - sunniforum.com - a resource for the propagation of authentic Islamic teachings

Tanwîr al-Miqbâs min Tafsîr Ibn ‘Abbâs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recite Verse
    Open in new window
    Go to quran page
    { ٱلَّذِينَ هُمْ فِي صَلاَتِهِمْ خَاشِعُونَ }

Then Allah mentioned the traits of the believers, saying: (Who are humble in their prayers) turning neither to the right nor to the left, nor raise their hands while praying,

Reference: Altafsir.com - The Tafsirs - ÇáÊÝÇÓíÑ

Jul 24, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Dear brother

There are several hadith which is sahih and which talks about Rafa' Yadain

.And those hadith which do not say about Rafa' Yadain are weak and unacceptable

Some weak hadith are

1)Muhammad bin Jaabir has opposed (Sufyan Thawri), from Hammad, from Ibraheem, from Alqamah, from Abdullah, Verily Abu Bakr and Umar (did not used to do rafa yadain)

This narration is very weak.
    Its Narrator Muhammad bin Jaabir according to the Jumhoor is Da’eef. His memory deteriorated at the end of his life. This Narration of Muhammad bin Jaabir has been declared to be Munkar by the Imam of Ahle-Sunnat Ahmed bin Hanbal, and rejected this narration very strictly (Kitab al-Illal, Vol 1, Pg 144).

2)Wakee’ said, from Sufyaan (ath-Thawri), from Hammad (bin Abi Suleman): I asked Ibraheem (Al-Nakha’i), so he said: “Rafa yadain should be done in the first Takbeer”

Its Isnad is Da’eef.
    Its Narrator Sufyan Ath-Thawri, despite being an excellent Siqqah Imam, is also a Mudallis, and his affirmation on hearing this hadith is not present.

Now see some sahih hadith which support Rafa' Yadain

1)Ali bin Abdullah narrated to us, Abdullah bin Idrees narrated to us, he said: I heard Ubaidullah (narrating) from Naafi’, from Ibn Umar that, Verily he used to raise his hands with every Takbeer of Funeral Prayer, and (he also used to do it) when standing up after two rakahs.

It is Sahih.
    Ibn Abi Shaibah (296/3) and Baihaqi (44/4) has also narrated it from Abdullah bin Idrees.
    Note # 1: The Narration of Abdullah al-Umri from Naafi is always Saalih (Hasan). See: Tahdheeb at-Tahdheeb. Therefore this narration is Hasan.
    Note # 2: This narration has many other authentic Shawahid.

2)Muhammad bin Maqatil narrated to us, Abdullah (bin al-
    Mubarak) informed us, Yunus (bin Yazeed al-Aili) informed
    Us, from Zuhri, from Saalim, from Abdullah bin Umar, he
    Said: I saw the Messenger of Allah ,وسلم وآلہ عليہ الله صلی
    When he stood to pray, raised his hands until they were in
    Level with his shoulders. He did that when he said the
    Takbir before bowing, and he did that (again) when he
    Raised his head from bowing and said: ‘Sami’ Allahu liman
    Hamidah (Allah hears those who praise Him).’ But he did
    Not do that during the prostration.”

It is Sahih.
    The Most Authentic Nuskha of Maktabah Zaahiriya

Imam Bukhari has also narrated it in Sahih Bukhari (736) from Muhammad bin Maqatil

3)Abdullah bin Yoosuf narrated to us, Maalik (bin Anas) infomed us, from Ibn Shihab (Az-Zuhri), from Saalim bin Abdullah, from his Father (Abdullah bin Umar), Verily whenever Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi walsallam) used to start the Prayer, He used to raise both his hands up to his shoulders, and when he used to do Ruku’ saying Takbeer, and when rising up from Ruku’, He would raise them (the hands) likewise, and He did not do it (rafa yadain) in the Sujud.

This narration is present in Sahih Bukhari (735).
    In Muwatta Imam Malik (narrated by Ibn al-Qaasim, and Muhammad al-Shaibani), this hadith is present with almost the same words and meaning.
    Note # 1: The opposition of Rafa’ yadain is not proven from Imam Malik in any of the authentic reports. Al-Mudawwanah al-Kubra is an unauthentic, and without Sanad Book.
    Note # 2: Doing Rafa’ Yadain is proven from Imam Malik through several Authentic
    Isnads, e.g: Al-Tamheed.

Jul 24, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Imam Bukhari said:
    The wives of some companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) were more intelligent than them (because) they used to do rafa yadain.

Jul 25, 2012, 12:34 AM
    Are all the 42 ahadees from different chains in support of Abandoning Rafayadain absurd ?

If yes, can you please provided evidances for all of them ? I will then look in my library inorder to reply to your post.

Also, None of your evidances including the statement of Imam Bukhari r.e.h proves that Rafayadain was the final action of the prophet s.a.w so there is no point for me to evaluate its sanad.

I hope you get my point brother ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search