Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

May 20, 2009, 08:15 PM
    How do you know if mercury is in your creams?
    I was wanting to know how you test for mercury or hydroquinone in made up monobenzone creams? I know you can test mono powder in alcohol, but what do you with creams to test?
    Im using a new monobenzone cream and I've lightened 2 shades in 1 week and am cautious about that, because I don't think mono is supposed to lighten that quickly, so I'm thinking it may be mercury or something?

Anyone know how you can tell what's in your creams?
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

May 21, 2009, 08:54 AM

Mj,
    It's so scary, but there is no real way of knowing if mercury is indeed in your cream. I think that you can maybe contact an environmental lab in your area and ask them to test for it. They usually test different substances and chemicals in the water or soil. Also, you could maybe send it off somewhere online and have it checked. Check out the FDA website- Food, drug administration. I think that you could send it to them if you suspect that mercury is in your product.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 23, 2009, 10:03 AM

I thought monobenzone was supposed to have hydroquione in it. Some people said it did.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 23, 2009, 10:11 AM

I'm pretty sure is does have hydroquinone in it
    Some people on here said it did: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...er-123602.html

May 24, 2009, 05:58 PM
    OK so update on my lightening progress with fair and glow..

The first week, I lightened 2 shades, and I was peeling on my chest area a little...
    Second week... Have gone tanned and have scaly tight skin around my eye area which is really irritating and sore!!
    Are you supposed to go light and then really dark with mono? Because right now, I'm darker than my original colour?
    Anyway, I'm hoping I lighten up or peel or something so I can see lighter skin... if not, I will just buy mono powder next and mix in a higher percentage, because I think I saw a post where someone said that you won't depig if you don't use 50 percent or higher after a couple of months?

Anyway I asked fair and glow if they would sell a higher percentage cream or powder and they won't do it because they think it is too dangerous for people...
    I am thinking I might get mono powder from Anil? Is that the same Anil that always sold mono powder? Because I remember a couple of years ago there was an Anil, but with a different last name, and apparently his mono was the best... so I hope it's the same guy?

Anyone else using mono from fair and glow? Did anyone else go light, then darker like I did?
    Anatola Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Hey,
    What I don't understand with Anil's monobenzone is the price. He quoted me $200 for 1Kg whereas I know the going price in the market for 1Kg is about $1000 (similar price in Europe). Surely India is cheaper but that big of a difference? I kind of smell a rat but I might be wrong...
    A

May 25, 2009, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anatola View Post
    Hey,
    What I don't understand with Anil's monobenzone is the price. He quoted me $200 for 1Kg whereas I know the going price in the market for 1Kg is about $1000 (similar price in Europe). Surely India is cheaper but that big of a difference? I kinda smell a rat but I might be wrong...
    A

Well I have searched for mono powder from lots of sites, and your right, it can go up to a thousand, but there is one company in the UK that sells it for 500, and another in Holland I think that sells it for 250... but of course you have to be a chemist to actually get it.. they unfortunately won't sell it to the general public because you can apparently make bombs out of the phenol..
    7unite I think were selling their mono for maybe 500? Can't remember as it was so long ago that I asked them.

I think the reason why the mono is so cheap is that it is maybe probably easy to make or produce, or maybe that because they live in cheaper country, they don't need to overprice people, not sure... Or they could be charging so much in Europe because of how dangerous the powder is, that they put the price up so not just anyone will buy it... could be a lot of reasons.

Its just that I knew a guy from monobenzoners forum that used mono from Anil, and I used to talk to him a lot on msn and he sent me photos, and it all looked legit, and he depigged completely nearly in 8 months of using it. But as I said before, it was an Anil, but with a different last name, so I'm wondering it is the same Anil that is selling the powder, or a different guy. The mono back then was 150 dollars...

Anyway I might order in the next month if I don't see any improvement in my skin with the fair and glow stuff... Im starting to think its mercury after all, or even worse, phenylhydroquinone, what ks pharm uses... because why did it make me go lighter, then now I'm suddenly darker than my natural colour...
    Anyway I will let you all know what happens as the weeks go by..

May 25, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Hey has anyone heard of this supplier? Monobenzone Cream, India, Monobenzone Cream India, Aha India, Diclofenic India

Its so hard to know if its connected to other companies like fair n glow which are also in india, or anil or someone else...

Anyone know them?

May 25, 2009, 10:18 PM

It sounds like maybe your best bet would be to buy the mono powder and make the cream yourself. It is so hard to trust these suppliers and sellers.

May 25, 2009, 11:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless2008 View Post
    It sounds like maybe your best bet would be to buy the mono powder and make the cream yourself. It is so hard to trust these suppliers and sellers.
    Ok I'm ordering from Anil today, so I will let you all know when I receive the powder and let you know if its real or not as I'm going to test it before I use it as I don't want anymore problems with my skin.
    If this time it ends up being fake, I think I'm going to pay a chemist to order the powder in for me, as I'm just over the crap of sellers selling people dangerous fake products that harm people, its disgusting.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 26, 2009, 05:17 AM

Hey mj... have you ordered from anil?

I want to get some details of contacting him.. id like to use it too please

May 26, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    hey mj ..... have you ordered from anil?

i want to get some details of contacting him .. id like to use it too please
    I ordered from Anil today, I sent payment through western union. Not sure if this is the same person that that guy I was talking to used, but I will soon find out, He said he would dispatch the parcel tomorrow, so it should get here by next week I think, but I will let everyone know when I get it and take a photo of it and everything and put it up on here.

Imgorgeous, would you mind waiting to oder from Anil until I get the powder and test it to see if its real mono, because it would be a complete waste if you ordered and it wasn't real..

Just wait a week or so and let me test it first, then if it comes back real, then I will send you his details.

New update on the fair and glow cream... I am starting to get light spots now, but not as light as my vitiligo spots which are albino white, and the tanning caused by the cream is slowly going away and the peeling around my eyes have got lighter skin underneath, so I guess that's a good sign.

May 29, 2009, 12:24 PM

That's good, mj. Please keep us posted on the Anil mono and your fairnglow progress.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 02:39 AM

Depending on where you get the creams if its from africa you very well take your chances as the put on whatever info they feel like adding on the lables, likewise asia, truly the only way you can be sure is to get a script from a doctor and have it filled @ a pharmacy
    hvacgal Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

May 31, 2009, 06:27 AM

I don't think the FDA is a good representation of what is good for you and what isn't. They are in it to make money so our health isn't a big concern for them. Check this website out Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database

It will give you a new look on what you put on your face.

Cheers
    Likerose Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jun 1, 2009, 03:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2006 View Post
    I ordered from Anil today, I sent payment through western union. not sure if this is the same person that that guy i was talking to used, but i will soon find out, He said he would dispatch the parcel tomorrow, so it should get here by next week i think, but i will let everyone know when i get it and take a photo of it and everything and put it up on here.

Imgorgeous, would you mind waiting to oder from Anil until i get the powder and test it to see if its real mono, because it would be a complete waste if you ordered and it wasn't real..

Just wait a week or so and let me test it first, then if it comes back real, then i will send you his details.

New update on the fair n glow cream... I am starting to get light spots now, but not as light as my vitiligo spots which are albino white, and the tanning caused by the cream is slowly going away and the peeling around my eyes have got lighter skin underneath, so i guess thats a good sign.
    Hi mj
    Great, I am using from fairnglow and that's real one and the sign you are getting is very good.
    But unable to understand, If you are getting these sign then why you want to use higher strength.
    I am getting result also but I don't want to use higher strength as I am vitiligo patient, I don't want to take risk. I asked to my doctor for higher strength but he told me to remain away from higher strength.
    Avoid higher strength.

Jun 1, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Likerose View Post
    hi mj
    Great, I am using from fairnglow and thats real one and the sign you are getting is very good.
    But unable to understand, If you are getting these sign then why you want to use higher strength.
    I am getting result also but i dont want to use higher strength as i am vitiligo patient, i dont want to take risk. I asked to my doctor for higher strength but he told me to remain away from higher strength.
    Avoid higher strength.

I wanted to use a higher strength because I heard that 40 percent and upward is better for successful depigmentation, and for it to also be permanent. My skin is not that sensitive so I can take higher percentage creams...

Anyway I'm still waiting to anil's powder... hasn't arrived yet and its been over a week now I think.. he didn't give me a tracking number for the package... did he give anyone else a tracking number? Hopefully it gets through customs OK... im not sure if they would call me and let me know that they are holding it or not. Anyway I will let everyone know once I receive it...

Small update on the fair and glow... Its still doing the same thing... makes me light, then tanned, and keeps repeating this process... so I'm wondering if that is caused by melanin being killed, then the skin goes lighter, and then more melanin comes up, and is killed, and then skin goes lighter again, and so on until all the melanin is all gone?

Jun 1, 2009, 09:44 PM

Mj,
    I just received my creams from fairnglow too. I will let you know my progress in about a week.

Jun 1, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless2008 View Post
    Mj,
    I just received my creams from fairnglow too. I will let you know my progress in about a week.

Cool, you should start getting lighter in like 1 or 2 days... let me know if you go tanned like me, or where you peel first... im still mainly peeling around my eyes... it looks like I have slept a long time and haven't cleaned my eyes lol. My skin is so dry and itchy too... I wouldn't mind so much if it turned my skin light and stayed like that... but it keeps turning me light, then tanned, then light, then tanned... quite annoying... is this what real mono does? Anyone know?
    Likerose Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2009, 12:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2006 View Post
    cool, you should start getting lighter in like 1 or 2 days...let me know if you go tanned like me, or where you peel first...im still mainly peeling around my eyes...it looks like i have slept a long time and haven't cleaned my eyes lol. My skin is so dry and itchy too...i wouldnt mind so much if it turned my skin light and stayed like that...but it keeps turning me light, then tanned, then light, then tanned...quite annoying...is this what real mono does? Anyone know?
    I am not getting any darkness as I am using sunscreen lotion and mostly avoid sun rays.

Continue Sunscreen Lotion and avoid Sun Light.

LOL as strength increase, May be you will get result early along with side defects like red spots on skin, as 20% is aching on your skin imagine how 40% will react, 40% aches more if that is pure monobenzone.
    Result of 20% is also permanent. But have to maintain with sunscreen lotion.

Love to see your positive results

Keep Updating...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleaching Creams [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a skin bleaching product that actually works

Skin Creams [ 1 Answers ]

Besides makeup and sunscreen, is any other product ineffective to apply after the cream or moisturizer?

View more questions Search