Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hriday_rai Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis?
    I work in USA on H1B. My mother (She is in India, 50 years old, 143 pounds, 5 feet) is suffering from joints pain since last 11 years. We have gone through so many test in India but doctors could not find the actual cause of pain and disease. RA factor is also negative. Some Doctors say it is arthritis and other doctors say this is not arthritis. But she has bad pain in all joints. She has recently gone through a test called “Skeletal System with MDP” from Nuclear Medicine Department (I think this is full body bone scan). Following is the results of this test. I have one image also as results of this test which shows the full body bone with some blue spots. I wish I could attach but there is no option to do so.

So please suggest me on basis of following results that what disease my mother has and what is the best treatment for that? Whether she has Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid arthritis? I am thinking to bring my mom to USA for treatment so please also suggest if any proper test to find the actual cause of pain and best treatment in the USA available. Which kind of isurance I should take for her if she comes in USA?

Test Results:-
    Finding initial flow and blood pool. Images show no abnormal vascularity or pooling in lumbar / pelvis regions. Increased pooling noted in knees (Right is greater than left) and feet (bilateral calcaneal regions).
    Delayed static images so physiological distribution of trecer in axial and appendicular skeleton.
    Increased trecer uptake in right mandible? Dental Pathology.
    Abnormal focal increased trecer uptake noted L4/5 and L5/S1 vertebral level posteriorly - more likely to be facet joint aurtopathy, unless proven otherwise.
    Increased trecer uptake in shoulders, knees and ankles - arthritic changes (marked in right knee).
    Increased trecer uptake involving both calcanii - suggestive of achilles' tendinitis.
    Both kidinies visualized.
    Impression:-
    Finding suggestive of active inflammatory pathology involving joints (more in knee - right is greater than left and ankeles) with bilateral achilles' tendinitis and facet joint arthritis at L4/5 - L5/S1 level.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 20, 2009, 12:06 PM

If it was osteo they should have done a bone density test. Less than Negative 1.5 is osteo.
    Her scan should have been able to tell this. My guess is it is more likely her problem than rheumatoid.

Inflammation is usually rheumatoid.
    hriday_rai Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    If it was osteo they should have done a bone density test. Less than Negative 1.5 is osteo.
    Her scan should have been able to tell this. My guess is it is more likely her problem than rheumatoid.

Inflammation is usually rheumatoid.
    Thanks for the answers...

Any suggesion regarding it's Test, Medication and Treatments in USA?

Thank you in advance!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 10:53 AM

Pretty much all you can do other than medicines is change your diet and take things like hylaronic acid, D3, Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Wal Mart sells hylaronic acid in the vitamin aisle. Also exercise.

Eat
    Omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish, and vegetable, nuts, and flaxseed oil,

Nightshade foods such as potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants can cause flare ups.
    Citric juices can cause problems too.

Notice what you have been eating when you feel worse and see if it may be something you should avoid.
    edho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 07:38 AM

MRI report -- haemangioma within the body of T11, not considered of clinical relefvance, no features to suggest metastatic disease, still have back pain,not referred by doctor. What do I do now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for miracle cure for my hip osteoarthritis. [ 19 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis of the hip joint 4 weeks ago. I am only 32, so it was a bit of a disappoitment for me, that I already have an uncurable disease. At least doctors think so, because they rely on science. However I don't believe there is no cure on the world for it....

Arthritis & hep-c [ 2 Answers ]

Need some help! Have suffered with severe rumatic symptoms for 5yrs, also have hep-c, have had liver byopsy which returned with no immediate danger or sign of cirroesis... treatment deferred for 5yrs due to this finding. Still suffering the severe symptoms of rumatoid arthritis and are being...

Arthritis [ 3 Answers ]

I've had Arthritis for many years, A few years ago I started taking Bextra and it was awesome, I felt like a kid again. Well they've taken it off the market, and I'm aching again. I am taking Glucosamine/Condroiten & Fishoil. It helps a little. Do you know of anything that will help with this 24/7...

Rheumatoid arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

I Am Desperate To Know Does Rhumatol Work To Help Rhuematoid Arthritis?

View more questions Search