Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy95 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 04:08 AM
    Staring to people
    happy95
    I am new to this site. My question is that I am very shy person by nature right now I am facing a problem that I stair at people I didn't know why I do this. I think I am over conscious that people are watching me what they are thinking about me right now I am in a big trouble because few people where I stay have noticed me staring at others & they are telling every one that don't talk to this girl she is not good person. I don't know how to stop staring habit I am not bed but people are thinking I am bed I didn't know how to solve this problem I started doing meditation but this problem is not stopping now people comment when I walk in to my society I heard one of it "some people can't leave their habits".They also laugh at me.
    Please tell me how to stop this habit.
    Meredith1978 Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

May 20, 2009, 09:29 AM

First I know lots of people who are "people watchers" they study everyone in the room with them. Most people I know who like to watch others and how they communicate admit that they watch several people at what time so they can scan instead of getting completely drawn into one person.

Maybe the key is to figure out what you are studying.
    happy95 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 07:55 PM

happy95
    Those people know me & my habits now they laugh at me & telling every one I watch boys who are younger then me. I am going in one class where every one noes about this habit even they told this to professor. Now they combinely say something related to this thing in class every one participate in it & say some bad things about me & I can not even react to it because they are not directly telling me this. I really didn't know how to solve this. My mind is like that if any one laugh on me I get irritate & these people know it that is why they tees me.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

May 24, 2009, 04:00 AM

Please just ignore this immature behaviour. I am a people watcher. I analyse people and their actions and behviour. Sometimes I have to force myself to stop staring! Because other wise I would get nothing done.

You have try and focus on something else once you start your people watching. If you have work to do, put all your concentration into that.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 10:00 PM
    I don't quite 'get' what's going on here, but if you are staring at people and it makes them feel uncomfortable - then you need to try and control it.

Why don't you try talking to people instead? Why don't you try smiling and making small talk? Why don't you take up doing something that requires you to look at something else other than people?

Perhaps you just need to laugh at yourself a little - say to people 'I know I'm a bit strange at the moment' - and then it will ease the tension.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my staring issue just a symptom of anxiety? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey all, I just wanted to let out some of the things that are bothering. For a couple years now I feel like I have a staring problem and I think it may be related to anxiety. When I am talking to someone or listening to someone, my gets a bit racy and I begin to get self-conscious about my eyes...

Staring an estate sale business [ 1 Answers ]

I want to start an estate sale business from my home. I am an avid garage sale buyer and dumpster diver. I have been selling on Ebay but now want to venture out with my own business. Can anyone tell me how I get started and what I need as far as licensing and bonding. I live in Arizona where...

He keeps staring. Does he like me? [ 21 Answers ]

I like the same guy I did when I made other posts and I have a question... So this guy stares at me everyday, goes close to where I am, gets his friends to ask things about my life etc. but he never talks to me, and when he does he starts the conversation but never really leads it on... ...

The best staring 5 (from 1983 to present) [ 8 Answers ]

PG Magic Johnson SG Michael Jordan SF LBJ PF Dennis Rodman C David Robinson PG Jason Kidd SG Kobe Bryant SF Scottie Pipen PF Tim Duncan

Non-staring 97 Civic Coupe 1.6i LS (SOHC) [ 28 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've currently got a non-starting (UK) 1997 Civic Coupe 1.6i LS. I was driving it last week when the CEL came on. As I was a couple of minutes from home, I drove back and parked up, then when I came to try the car later that day, it refused to start. When the ignition key is turned,...

View more questions Search