Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caray0127 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 03:35 AM
    Scared of knowing the truth about my Health
    I'm scared of knowing the truth about my health. I have heard that there is power in knowing, but sometimes the truth hurts. I have had three miscarriages. I want children so bad, I sometimes wonder if I feel this way because of the miscarriages. I have been married for eleven years. My husband comes from a large family and he is the only one that does not have any kids. He claims that it don't bother him but I know deep inside it do.

I've been diagnose with diabetes type two, hypo tyroids and occasionally my blood pressure runs high. These are a lot of things going against me. So I am afraid to even inquire about having a baby. I don't have a regular cycle so I know I'm not ovulating.

I have had the joy of raising children, but no matter how many children I surround myself with I still have to desire for my own. Am I being selfish? What should I do?:(:(:confused::mad:
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 20, 2009, 04:59 AM

Speak to your doctor... yes, you have some health issues, but they do not necessarily prevent you from getting pregnant (which shows from becoming pregnant before) or keep you from sustaining a pregnancy.
    Was there any determination as to why you had the previous miscarriages?
    I can give you the example of my stepdaughter... she experienced losing a baby at 27 weeks and then 2 miscarriages... she went on to have 3 children. It was determined that she had a blood clotting issue and that was carefully monitored during her last pregnancy (it was not found until that time). Many women will have concerns that may play a role, but often times there are medical interventions that can help a couple achieve a healthy pregnancy.
    Your doctor will discuss your history, and help you determine what will be the best course of action for you and your husband.

It can be scary to worry about the "what ifs"... but then, if you don't know, you can't do anything about it and you will be left wondering... and then you will also have the "should haves" and "could haves" to think about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are games good to health or bad for health [ 12 Answers ]

I always play games but my family says it bad for me but I ignore them

Not knowing what to do. [ 3 Answers ]

So I have been pretty much depressed for the last 2 years. It started when my ex-girlfriend and I had broken up. We had since then been off and on for a while. Now we are pretty much just over with. I miss her a lot. I miss the times we shared together and the feelings. I miss having someone so...

Scared about health [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 13 and I have these white spots sorda like a pimple, I'm really woried. I want to find out what it is and how to get rid of it

Know my career,my fathers health and my moms health [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am sonal,studying in t.y.bsc in microbiology. Usually attending college is like a burden for me,I fear a lot in public attention,sometimes even start shivering while giving presentations,due to fear I can't even concentrate in my studies and get poor marks even ,I don't feel like going to...

Knowing the Law [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know is there a statue of limitation on simple drug possession (under 2.5 grams of canibas) in the state of Illinois?

View more questions Search